PDA

View Full Version : importing photos

jamesmartin
28-05-2023, 1:53pm
lately when ive been importing pics from card reader to lightroom some photos turn out like the one below, what i have to do is delete the file then import again & the picture is fine. just very annoying when im importing large number of photos & sometimes a up to a quarter of them are like this. assuming its a card reader issue. i have the inca card reader & bought a new one but same issue. Also bought new sandisk cards but same issues. for years i never had any issues until the last year or so. Any help/suggestions would be great

ameerat42
28-05-2023, 2:46pm
Another two (or three) tests you should do are:
1) transfer some files with a direct (USB) connection between the camera and computer
using the SAME USB PORT as you do for the card reader.
2) try connecting the card reader to a different port on the computer (and the camera if it
gives the same result after you have tried (1) above).
3) if you really want to tease it out, do what you normally do on a DIFFERENT computer.

jamesmartin
28-05-2023, 5:55pm
Another two (or three) tests you should do are:
1) transfer some files with a direct (USB) connection between the camera and computer
using the SAME USB PORT as you do for the card reader.
2) try connecting the card reader to a different port on the computer (and the camera if it
gives the same result after you have tried (1) above).
3) if you really want to tease it out, do what you normally do on a DIFFERENT computer.

Thanks mate, i tried a different usb port & that fixed it. Something so simple lol