PDA

View Full Version : Lost photos

axle01
20-04-2023, 6:24pm
Ok guys and gals i set up my solar telescope with a dedicated Imaginesource Grasshopper 3 solar camera connected to my laptop and took a few hundred photos of the eclipse and do you think I can find them on my laptop.

I know they have to be there somewhere but I can’t find them.

Problem is I have epilepsy and had an episode not long after I took the photos and now I have forgotten where to look.

Anyone got any ideas where to look.

Al

ameerat42
20-04-2023, 9:36pm
Al...
A Assuming Win10 or 11, a couple of "Usual Suspects" come to mind:
1) My Pictures [and some camera-specific sub-folder in there];
2) C:\Programs\[camera-specific sub-folder] and perhaps under that something like [Images]
The installation manual for the camera (software) might tell you where they would be located.

If not that, then try to figure out what file type the images are, like ".jpg", ".PNG", [some other type you can ID]
and then do a search of your whole computer (I'd start on the C drive) and specify the date you took the pictures.

That step may take a while because of the size of most C drives in late Win versions.

Let us know how and I'll read it tomorrow morning.

axle01
20-04-2023, 9:52pm
Al...
A Assuming Win10 or 11, a couple of "Usual Suspects" come to mind:
1) My Pictures [and some camera-specific sub-folder in there];
2) C:\Programs\[camera-specific sub-folder] and perhaps under that something like [Images]
The installation manual for the camera (software) might tell you where they would be located.

If not that, then try to figure out what file type the images are, like ".jpg", ".PNG", [some other type you can ID]
and then do a search of your whole computer (I'd start on the C drive) and specify the date you took the pictures.

That step may take a while because of the size of most C drives in late Win versions.

Let us know how and I'll read it tomorrow morning.
Thanks mate I’ll show my grandson what you’ve said, that’s what they are for to help old farts out.

Al