PDA

View Full Version : New Camera

Dazzza
16-04-2023, 12:12pm
Gday everyone im currently using the original canon 5D with a sigma 150-600c lens but i would really like to buy a new camera. I generally take photos of birds and im asking for some help or suggestions on what camera and lens you think i should buy and i have a good budget for this exercise. Dazzza

ameerat42
16-04-2023, 3:05pm
Hmm... :umm: It's a fair enough proposition, but what specifically do you
think is/find lacking in the present camera. I know it's an old model, but it
was not wanting in IQ at the time, so... I'm :confused013ing.

Dazzza
16-04-2023, 5:18pm
So the sigma lens i use 150-600c is good and so is the 5D which i will never part with but if i was to purchase a new sony or canon mirrorless that has more more mega pixals; faster auto focus; eye tracking ect ect isnt this going to improve my keeper rate and produce better quality photos in the way of sharpness and detail or am i looking at this all wrong ?

ameerat42
16-04-2023, 5:34pm
So the sigma lens i use 150-600c is good and so is the 5D which i will never part with but if i was to purchase a new sony or canon
mirrorless that has more more mega pixals; faster auto focus; eye tracking ect ect isnt this going to improve my keeper rate and produce better quality photos
in the way of sharpness and detail or am i looking at this all wrong ?

From my point-of-view, it would be "yes", but don't let that sway you. While the DPR site is still extant, you might
read the reviews of the cameras you're interested in and even do a comparison between them. I just don't think that
what you'll get will meet your expectations. These may have to be reviewed, but as I said, it's me.

Here's DPR for the Canon 5d: https://www.dpreview.com/search/articles?query=canon%205d
Scroll to the "In-depth review" and click that.

Just use the search box on [almost] every page.

- - - Updated - - -

^ Hmm, that's a bit muddy :o

What I'm saying is "check them all out" and see just how much "bang for buck"
you might expect. I'm NOT saying "don't" get another camera.

Dazzza
16-04-2023, 6:02pm
Thank you for the info i will read all of this as i love researching new and old products especially if i might be wanting to spend some money im a fairly in depth kinda person.