PDA

View Full Version : G'day from the Mighty Murray (Albury-Wodonga)

Davjoh
19-03-2023, 7:18pm
Hi Folks,

Glad I found this forum, whilst I'm not a total newbie and do understand some Photographic basics by watching lots of Youtube Videos and such, now trying to get out more and experiment.

I bought a Nikon D5600 from Costco a few years ago before Covid hit so everytime I try to get out, something came up that stopped it.

I have the Nikon 18-55 kit lens and the 70-300 VR kit zoom and would like to get a couple of primes like the 35mm f1.8 & maybe a 85mm or 105 mm f2.8 Macro.

Whilst the D5600 is regarded as an entry level camera, it also has many advanced features of more expensive Cameras and even though a mate of mine is trying to talk me into a Sony FF system, I'm still not convinced that full frame is the be all and end all of Photography as we know it today. I don't believe I'll be looking at turning professional in my remaining lifetime;)

Does anyone here live in my region that may like a tag along? lol

Probably my biggest flaw atm is organising the pics on my computer and not mix up my DSLR pics and my mobile phone pics......

I eventually want to be able to make some photos that are worthy of printing in large size prints and frame and hang on my wall....that would be really satisfying.

It'd be nice to meet up with some of the members sometimes for a day out shooting session, that'd be fun.

regards to all

davjoh

ameerat42
19-03-2023, 7:35pm
Welcome to AP, Davjoh.

I tend to agree about overloading on gear from the outset. Best usually to use what you've got, and
eventually you will evolve into something more defined by needs (not the other way around).

Organising photos can be a bit of a bugbear, but it should be easy enough once you get used to it.
It sounds like you need to just make up two separate folders on your [data] drive, rather than your
C drive. After that, regularly back up you images to a separate drive, like an external drive.

A useful program for sorting you files (if you use Windows) is Faststone Image Viewer. It's also free.
https://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Mary Anne
19-03-2023, 8:17pm
Hello and Welcome to AP, lots of good places and subjects down your way to capture with your camera.
Nothing wrong with the gear you have, and if you don't wont to go professional why waste money its not the camera that takes the photo it's the person pressing that button.
And speaking of mobile phone images I have a small iPhone and I have some of the photos from the local lagoon printed up in a Photobook.

Am has given you Good Tips there to Help you on your way, so join right in and start posting on the Forums when you can.

ricktas
19-03-2023, 8:22pm
Welcome to AP. See you round the forums