PDA

View Full Version : 71 year old learner.

Ronnus
12-02-2023, 7:21pm
Hi to everyone. I am somewhat new to photography however I do have a little knowledge of the basics. I’m very interested in bird and wildlife photography. I have just purchased my new equipment and it’s doing my head in.I have watched many videos on YouTube on how to set up my camera but I still can’t figure out how to get sharp images.:confused013I have all Sony gear, a Sony a7r5, a 200-600G lens with a 1x4 converter, I have a 100-400GM 4.5-5.6 as well as a 24-70 2.8Gm II. I am travelling to Canada and Alaska in April this year and I need some help/advise on how to get this focus problem I have sorted. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers to all.
Ronnus

ameerat42
12-02-2023, 7:24pm
Hi, Ronnus. Welcome to AP.

Post your specific problems up and include some pics as examples.
You should get some help in no time.

ricktas
12-02-2023, 8:27pm
Welcome to AP. Agree with Am, post some photos (with EXIF) attached and we will see if we can assist

bitsnpieces
13-02-2023, 8:13am
Hi Ronnus and welcome to AP

I'm amazed you're working with all that gear for your age, awesome stuff

I'm only half and I'd struggle lol

Really need to get back into exercising lol

And for sure, post up details regarding your focus issues, there'll be a fix

Mary Anne
13-02-2023, 10:43am
Hello Ronnus and Welcome to AP you will enjoy yourself on this Forum and get lots of Help.
I am a tad older than you and when I joined up 14 years ago I knew nothing much about cameras or lenses either, shooting Canon then.
First off check to see if your lens is on Auto Focus AF or Manual Focus MF

YouTube is your Friend clink on this link the video is long just over 2 hrs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmOEmPUd3G8
Best if you go to the Forum that you want to shoot like Landscapes, Birds, Street Photography and start a post there.

OR go to our New to Photography Forum http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?104-New-To-Photography and start a Post there about your focus issues.