PDA

View Full Version : Check It Out - Photo AI from Topaz

rexboggs5
02-10-2022, 11:49am
Almost every photo ever taken benefits from some (or a lot of) post-processing. I have been a fan of the Topaz Labs products for years now, in particular Denoise AI and Sharpen AI. Recently, Topaz Labs have combined these, plus Gigapixel AI, into a new product called Photo AI. It can be used as a stand-alone product, or as a plug-in, eg for Lightroom or Photoshop. I mainly use it as a plug-in for Photoshop.

Once you open a photo in Photo AI, the software analyses the noise level and the sharpness and then automatically edits the photo. If you use it as a stand-alone product, it also gives you the option to re-size the photo, up to 6 times larger.

Topaz products have a 30-day free trial, so you can use them for a while and decide if it is for you.

If interested, visit https://www.topazlabs.com/shop. Photo AI is currently on sale with a $40 discount until 7 October.

Cheers, Rex

Mary Anne
04-10-2022, 8:28pm
Rex I am another one who bought lots of Topaz Labs Products more than 10 years ago and only use one Topaz DeNoise AI
Looked at my Account to find I can get Photo AI for $126.42 as I own Sharpen AI also.
Problem with that price is it's USD126 and converted to Australian Dollars is AUD198.
Looks like they are charging me for Gigapixel AI at a discounted rate of course
Then more for a year of Updates of Photo AI to fix up all the problems they seem to be having :eek:
Now reading a few hundred Reviews like I do before I buy anything I was not impressed so I will give it a miss.
Seems it is good for faces though the only faces I shoot are Dogs, Birds Insects and Arachnids.
And they were not the faces they were taking about :D