PDA

View Full Version : (Those Annoying) TIME FLIES...!

ameerat42
02-10-2022, 7:21am
- A Tale of Two Timepieces...
I was SO confused :confused013... I got up at 4, then found I had already lingered an hour on the forum (it seemed much less than that);
then the kitchen klock (I thought it was crook) told me I must have misread the computer time... Suddenly a handful of old copper coins
fell onto the floor and I realised we were (partly) on daylight saving time :o RESULT: I'm late for work :eek:

Mary Anne
02-10-2022, 10:53am
Strange that you did not know about daylight saving.
Thank Goodness we don't have it here even so they certainly let us know about it yesterday on the News.

ameerat42
02-10-2022, 11:20am
I remember in days of yore, when DST was young, they had marching bands and town circuses
announcing it for the whole week before... - Ah-hh :2tranq: Z-z-z-z-z...

landyvlad
06-10-2022, 2:17pm
I'm glad we don't have DST here.
I have enough problems with maths as it is, and am way too lazy to change al the clock settings.

ameerat42
06-10-2022, 2:40pm
A friend of mine has taken to inscribing a DST set of numbers in a smaller circle around the face his clock,
so that all he has to do is to remember whether it is DST or not :clock::scrtch:

Brigitte
06-10-2022, 7:43pm
Watched a doco on time once, left me totally confused!! I have figured out that time is like a rubber band, very elastic! If I get it wrong I just blame my age :lol: Very useful at times:nod:

Oakley
08-10-2022, 5:57pm
My staff turned up early for a change :lol: but I'm in Queensland and their mobile phones were not set properly :D