PDA

View Full Version : A Blast from the Past

bobt
29-07-2022, 11:11pm
I was just browsing through some of my early photography and came across these two, which I took 60 years ago !!! Not many people have hobbies going back that far.

I was a rail fan back then, and for a brief but joyous moment took the controls on Y108, which is now sitting in a railway museum. I probably belong there too, propped up against the throttle !!! :lol:

nardes
01-08-2022, 4:54pm
I used to love watching these steam trains roar through the station in my home town in the UK.

Great shots.:)

Dennis

bobt
01-08-2022, 7:09pm
I used to love watching these steam trains roar through the station in my home town in the UK.

Great shots.:)

Dennis

The thrill of a steam engine never left me, and I still love the sounds and smells that go with it. I took some of my grandkids to see one come through at their local station once ...... it rated at zero on their level of interest. Their electronic devices won that race very easily. :confused013

Belly
02-08-2022, 9:29am
Love that 2nd shot Bob. A story of a bygone era with those excited kids and not a cell phone in sight, priceless!:th3:

mudman
02-08-2022, 2:48pm
steam is ok, until you go through a tunnel

Brigitte
18-08-2022, 8:03pm
thanks for posting these. Always interesting to see images from our past.

bobt
18-08-2022, 10:11pm
thanks for posting these. Always interesting to see images from our past.

I'm in the middle of preparing a funeral video presentation, and that is leading me back in time as well. I have so much nostalgia from years gone past that each piece fits into a jigsaw of my life. Most of it will find its way to a dumpster once I've gone, but in the meantime its nice to have those memories! Photography is much more than winning competitions and beating each other - it's a form of history.

Brigitte
19-08-2022, 4:01pm
- it's a form of history.
Just finished a folder of family images. 2 pics of each with one having the names of the individual printed on the file. This came about after a discussion as to who was who on a very old picture. A massive task and so long as the storage format is updated it will hopefully be of some historical value.