PDA

View Full Version : It seems like déjà vu all over again...

canguro
01-05-2022, 6:18pm
Not an original title... famously uttered by Yogi Berra, the American baseball legend, repeated a million times, but it's apt, for now. Ricktas has generously opened the portal's door for my readmission.

I noted, scrolling through this introductions page, that I'm in good company... what is it about photography buffs, that they drop off the twig only to clamber back on at a later stage? :)

And, in rejoining, as this is an excellent and well-run website with 100% functionality, I re-read my previous re-entry posting... hah! As the Buddha was wont to say, the only constant is change. Hah! (again)

Anyway, all's well. a settling down after a couple of years lounging within a forest monastery in northern NSW, another almost twelve months suffering under lockdown south of steamy Manila in the Philippines, a return to Oz, quarantine, warehoused in Brisbane for a while and now back in Sydney and reunited with the woman who divorced me four years ago; we're now the best of mates and I couldn't really be any better off than I currently am, a big admission and a significant one, after decades of trials & tribulations.

So, good to be back, last time here the core of the kit was a Canon 60D plus a handful of lenses; have just bought (two days ago) a 90D plus two additional lenses - a kit EF-S-18-55mm-f-3.5-5.6-IS-STM (new with the camera), and a well-reviewed EF-S-17-55mm-f-2.8-IS-USM (EBay, s/hand at hopefully a good price).

Time to play, so here's to all good photographers and their love of the craft and I hope I can contribute a little to the outstanding offerings that make this website a special place. :camera:

ameerat42
01-05-2022, 6:57pm

Time to play, so here's to all good photographers and their love of the craft and I hope I can contribute a little to the outstanding offerings that make this website a special place. :camera:...

WB, and HOP right back in :p

As I recall, back "then" you had an Oz turn of phrase, lived in China, and had an Italianate name for an Aussie icon.
And a good tale to kick things off again :th3:

ricktas
01-05-2022, 8:30pm
Welcome back

martycon
01-05-2022, 8:59pm
With an intro like that, I anticipate some good images and interesting titles. Can't wait, but of course I will.