PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem

axle01
30-01-2022, 11:41am
Hey guys and gals I have a problem, some may say it’s a mental problem like what AM has…..:lol:

So here’s the problem, on my Mac when I try to post a photo on FB or download it to Photobucket I get a different image.

The screen shot of the spirograph image circled is the one I clicked on but the image of the water drop is the one that gets loaded to paste to FB or to be downloaded to Photobucket.

What am I doing wrong.

Al

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ss174/axle01/CC1A8D4A-9E28-49CC-BAC9-88D206D9A2D2.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://app.photobucket.com/u/axle01/p/0c7d95d5-7db9-41de-8343-70538b7b4fd7)

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ss174/axle01/8B3A6773-4D33-4BB3-864E-E11717C63644.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://app.photobucket.com/u/axle01/p/5f599aa8-b670-4bdb-b7f6-ba8b838f5827)

bitsnpieces
30-01-2022, 6:06pm
Maybe clear out the temp files/cache, IE. the thumbnail cache and all

Might have just been a glitch that has mixed up some thumbnails

I guess?
Seen it before, kinda, if I remember correctly

axle01
30-01-2022, 8:01pm
Maybe clear out the temp files/cache, IE. the thumbnail cache and all

Might have just been a glitch that has mixed up some thumbnails

I guess?
Seen it before, kinda, if I remember correctly
Thanks David, it has been happening for quite a while and starting to p me off.
I will see if I can do what you recomend, if not that’s why we have grandkids.

Al

ameerat42
30-01-2022, 8:29pm
Hey guys and gals I have a problem, some may say it’s a mental problem like what AM has…..:lol:

So here’s the problem, on my Mac when I try to post a photo on FB or download it to Photobucket I get a different image...

1) Jealous, is all :grinning01:
2) Now to your problem:

Since it happens on two (still hopefully) unrelated sites, my thoughts are that it's your-computer-centered.

So you've "cleared your browser cache", hopefully with a deliberate menu selection, and to boot, delete all
temporary files that it lets you do. On your Mac, are you using Safari, or any other Mac-type browser?

Have you got any other browser, such as that always have Javascript enabled and updated? Almost all do, anyway,
so exit the sites on your main browser and close that one down. Try a different browser and see what happens (and
tell us).

Make sure of 2 things first: That Javascript is indeed enabled in the new browser, and that you only open one tab on
one site - for the present - only.

Whatever happens - ie, success or not - re-open your original browser (and don't forget to tell us what it is sometime)
in SAFE MODE and run the same test on the two separate sites (and any other that you host pictures on, like Flickr,
Google...)

If that also works, then you can begin to suspect some add-on is affecting things... More anon, upon your reporting back.

axle01
30-01-2022, 8:57pm
1) Jealous, is all :grinning01:
2) Now to your problem:

Since it happens on two (still hopefully) unrelated sites, my thoughts are that it's your-computer-centered.

So you've "cleared your browser cache", hopefully with a deliberate menu selection, and to boot, delete all
temporary files that it lets you do. On your Mac, are you using Safari, or any other Mac-type browser?

Have you got any other browser, such as that always have Javascript enabled and updated? Almost all do, anyway,
so exit the sites on your main browser and close that one down. Try a different browser and see what happens (and
tell us).

Make sure of 2 things first: That Javascript is indeed enabled in the new browser, and that you only open one tab on
one site - for the present - only.

Whatever happens - ie, success or not - re-open your original browser (and don't forget to tell us what it is sometime)
in SAFE MODE and run the same test on the two separate sites (and any other that you host pictures on, like Flickr,
Google...)

If that also works, then you can begin to suspect some add-on is affecting things... More anon, upon your reporting back.
Ok so yeah I’m jealous :D
And that is way above my pay scale but I can tell you I an using Safari.
I will endeavour to carry out as much as I can that you’ve suggested otherwise it’s my grandkids problem, if not I’ll call the Mac man.

Thanks mate appreciated.

Al