PDA

View Full Version : Returning...

kierent
17-01-2022, 8:38pm
Hi all
After more than a decade off from film photography I've rekindled my passion with a new micro 4/3 camera and playing around with some processing stuff. Looking forward to learning lost from this great forum! Sorry to be absent so long and not contributing... passions come and go I guess...

Mary Anne
18-01-2022, 4:30pm
Hello and Welcome back Yes it's certainly been awhile :D
What camera did you buy its good to let us know so we are able to help more.

ricktas
18-01-2022, 6:34pm
Welcome back. See you and your photos round the forums soon.

kierent
18-01-2022, 7:42pm
Hello and Welcome back Yes it's certainly been awhile :D
What camera did you buy its good to let us know so we are able to help more.

Thanks Mary. It’s a Panasonic GX-7.

kierent
19-01-2022, 9:28am
I should also have said, my favourite lens is the 20mm f1.7 lens. Takes such beautiful shots, particularly in 1.7 with great bokeh effect. The other lens is the stock standard zoom lens but I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, f3.5 I think? I considered splashing out on the 2.8 zoom lens which I hear is amazing but we'll see how we go there.

Mary Anne
19-01-2022, 9:37am
Thanks for that, I am a Olympus user and my Favourite Walk Around Lens is the f/2.8 40-150mm, so many great lenses out there between the two brands.
Shoot more wildlife that anything so I have a Macro and a longer Birding lens not really landscape shooter though have a lens for that.

kierent
19-01-2022, 9:50am
Yeah I am definitely keeping my eye out for a decent 2nd hand 2.8 walk around lens like that. I should also add though, a lot of my favourite photos these days come from my iPhone XS. I never thought I'd admit that but I think most people these days realise that smart phone cameras are just so good! I'm wondering about entering on of my favourite recent photos in the current no theme competition actually. Mary, is that something that will be frowned upon given my absence? Should I wait a bit? I don't want to be presumptuous.

Mary Anne
19-01-2022, 9:58am
No of course not, you can post on the competitions, though do put some on the Forums too :nod:
And don't forget to comment on other Members posts that's what makes Forums work. Nothing wrong with iPhone photos I use mine here at times.

ameerat42
19-01-2022, 10:16am
...but I think most people these days realise that smart phone cameras are...

WB, Kierant, and keep this under your hat :cool: but I also use phone cams a bit. I'd say they are about
as good as some non-phone cameras.

kierent
19-01-2022, 2:04pm
WB, Kierant, and keep this under your hat :cool: but I also use phone cams a bit. I'd say they are about
as good as some non-phone cameras.

I definitely get some photos from my phone that are better than my camera! Mind you, the GX-7 is getting on a bit. Might be time for an update :)