PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into photographic forums after a long break

Wazza999
13-12-2021, 11:38pm
I haven't been a visitor to this forum for several years. Most of my forum band width has been taken up with 4WD drive and associated sites but I think it's time to take a renewed interest in things photographic. In the interim I have invested in a full frame dslr and am loving the flexibility provided by current generation sensors with vastly improved noise characteristics.
I've been a Pentax user since film days and like the bang for buck they provide. Unfortunately not long after the K1 was released, most third party lens makers ceased offering KA mount lenses, at least in longer focal lengths. This makes for quite a challenge if the budget isn't up to the price of Pentax branded glass. A recent trip over some bone shaking corrugations resulted in the demise of a cherished Tamron SP Adaptall2 70-300mm zoom. It was a struggle to find a replacement without paying $3.5K for the Pentax 150-450mm. Eventually I found a second hand Sigma 120-400mm 4.5-5.6 APO DG OS HSM for a reasonable price in Singapore. Currently I learning its capabilities and limitations, though the constant rain and dull skies haven't been at all helpful in that regard.

ameerat42
14-12-2021, 4:25am
WB, Wazza... - Looking forward to seeing some photos with your new and fabled gear.

Mary Anne
14-12-2021, 6:08pm
Hello and Welcome Back I will also look forward to seeing what you post on the Forum especially photos :nod:
And do try and comment on other Members Posts as that's what makes Forums work.