PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you make your subject wait too long.

bobt
28-08-2021, 3:02pm
I called this one "A Portrait of the Artist as a Dead Man", but I don't think anyone understood the reference ..... :D

ameerat42
28-08-2021, 3:23pm
Hah! - Triptych-photography :p

Tannin
28-08-2021, 4:22pm
I love it!

bobt
28-08-2021, 4:35pm
I love it!

You should have been the judge then .... the one I got didn't like it. :lol:

Mark L
30-08-2021, 9:24pm
Is that because they looked like the last impression?

mudman
30-08-2021, 10:43pm
maybe shorter exposures would have help your chances

ameerat42
31-08-2021, 7:25am
Actually, remember the exposure quadrangle:
Exposure time-ISO-aperture-subject lifespan :nod:

In this case you should have increased the last one :p

Mary Anne
31-08-2021, 8:00am

I am with this Judge also :nod:

bobt
31-08-2021, 10:17am
Actually, remember the exposure quadrangle:
Exposure time-ISO-aperture-subject lifespan :nod:

In this case you should have increased the last one :p

I don't think I have that setting! Otherwise it's quite an accurate representation of where I'm headed in the lockdown! :D

Glenda
05-09-2021, 11:12am
I always enjoy your witty, creative composites and this is no exception. I'm sure another judge could have had a totally different opinion.

bobt
05-09-2021, 11:35am
I always enjoy your witty, creative composites and this is no exception. I'm sure another judge could have had a totally different opinion.

Thanks Glenda, I must admit I do enjoy making them. I've got a bit bored with the usual run-of-the-mill photography and creatives let me play around in interesting ways. Judges are judges, and they all have their own biases and predilections. I do a lot of judging and I try so hard to be unbiased, but I'm sure I don't always succeed! :o

Ross M
06-09-2021, 11:48am
More appreciation coming from me for creativity and humour.

bobt
06-09-2021, 12:16pm
More appreciation coming from me for creativity and humour.

Thanks! It's one sort of photography you can do without leaving home .... just right for lockdowns! :D

Oakley
09-09-2021, 5:14pm
Very creative Bob and no doubt a lot of work went into this :th3: even the flowers passed on :eek: loved it very much !!

bobt
09-09-2021, 8:59pm
Very creative Bob and no doubt a lot of work went into this :th3: even the flowers passed on :eek: loved it very much !!

Thanks! It does take a remarkable amount of effort and multiple layers etc - far more than is apparent in the end result. I think that one frame alone was around 30 layers! I think it takes a particularly obsessive mindset (or too much time on my hands) to do one of these! :nod:

Still, it keeps me off the streets which is the aim of the game right now.

Geoff79
09-09-2021, 9:05pm
I don't think I have that setting! Otherwise it's quite an accurate representation of where I'm headed in the lockdown! :D

I was going to say something along the lines of it looking like a nice series of photographs of someone waiting to be free again in Australia.

Very crafty - sounds like hard work, as I imagine it would be.

bobt
09-09-2021, 9:14pm
Very crafty - sounds like hard work, as I imagine it would be.

The other difficulty is that every component has to be your own photographic content. I was fortunate some years back to be given an eyeball used to demonstrate medical issues (my son-in-law is a doctor). That single eyeball has featured in a number of images since then. Even the left panel uses those for consistency - all six eyes in the image are that one plastic eyeball! :nod: