PDA

View Full Version : Extinct?

ricktas
23-02-2021, 5:47pm
Interesting news coming out of Tassie this afternoon. They are just waiting on further identification. The person mentioned, Nick Mooney, is the past head of our Parks Service and had had a life long interest in these creatures.

I am guessing we will find out more and get to see the images in the next few days.

https://youtu.be/nUwM16FaEZU

Toddyh
23-02-2021, 8:31pm
Look forward to seeing the images but not holding high hopes. 100 years of zero proof is a long time.

paulheath
23-02-2021, 9:32pm
can always trust a guy with a beer in his hand......

- - - Updated - - -

"Nick Mooney has concluded, that based on the physical characteristics shown in the photos provided by Mr Waters, the animals are very unlikely to be thylacines, and are most likely Tasmanian pademelons," a museum spokesman said in a statement.

ricktas
24-02-2021, 3:25pm

- - - Updated - - -

"Nick Mooney has concluded, that based on the physical characteristics shown in the photos provided by Mr Waters, the animals are very unlikely to be thylacines, and are most likely Tasmanian pademelons," a museum spokesman said in a statement.

Yes. that made the news down here during the evening yesterday. We can only hope that one day a sighting is positive.

flyreels
28-02-2021, 11:47am
I am looking forward to seeing what he has, I hope the pictures are clear

Toddyh
28-02-2021, 2:41pm
They were pademelons.