PDA

View Full Version : Back with a new mission

Dazz1
08-12-2020, 2:38pm
I have been very quiet when it comes to photography forums lately. In fact I have been very quiet when it comes to photography. I have been a bit despondent about having an expensive camera, but because of how great phone cameras are, I have been leaving the good camera behind, and just using the phone camera. Sure, I was still taking photos, but... I needed to find something I could bo with the good camera, that the phone was bad at.

The other reason I was feeling out of sorts, is my daughter said to me "What are you going to do with all these photos?" You see I don't print that many of them, as I don't really have the wall space to put them on display. These days photo albums are a bit old, so that leaves electronic viewing. I didn't want to make up huge slideshows and subject friends to them either.

I walked into the TV room the other day, and the attached Chromecast was in idle mode, and showing some nice random pictures from various photographers. It dawned on me that this big 16x9 screen format was the new photography format for me. I have only tried it a couple of times before.

So, to solve the first issue, I decided that macro photography was something I really liked that the phone was only average at. What would happen if I combined macro with the 16x9 format? I had my first attempt today. I took the camera with a 60mm macro lens, and nothing else, and went for a walk. I want to try to use natural light as I really don't like the look of flash macro (unless one is VERY careful to keep it natural).

So, how did it go? Well, when my account is reinstated, I will start posting. CU soon hopefully

Dazz

ameerat42
08-12-2020, 2:48pm
WB, Dazz...

Now that you're acct is reinstated, I eagerly wait to be DAZZled :D

BTW, does your TV need Chromecast? Most modern ones let you cast
direct from your phone via a common WiFi connection.

Dazz1
08-12-2020, 3:17pm
WB, Dazz...

Now that you're acct is reinstated, I eagerly wait to be DAZZled :D

BTW, does your TV need Chromecast? Most modern ones let you cast
direct from your phone via a common WiFi connection.

Thanks for the welcome.

Do I need chromecast? Well it depends.. You need the TV to support some protocol in common with your programs/apps. I have a Samsung TV, and yes Samsung have such a protocol, but many Android apps don't natively know how to talk to it. The one that I have found most common is Chromecast. All the big apps, Netflix, Prime, Foxtel, ABC iView, etc etc have the chromecase ability built in, so it just works best.

Chromecast has another big advantage, it is part of the Google Home suite, so I can just sit in my chair and say "Hey Google, play "Dedicated Survivor from Netflix" and it turns on the TV and sound system, fires up Netflix, and starts the next episode that I haven't yet watched. :nod:

ricktas
08-12-2020, 5:15pm
Welcome back

Dazz1
08-12-2020, 5:52pm
Welcome back

Thanks Rick

Mary Anne
12-12-2020, 7:37am
Good to see you back Dazz, wondered what had happened to you, thought maybe you had gone overseas for awhile.
I don't print any of my photos for Albums now either either though I do have lots of them running through my Google Nest Hub.
And really enjoy making Photo Books I have just finished another two for Christmas presents my Family love them.
Today I am starting one for myself my first about Our Garden, that will keep me busy when it's to hot to be outside.

Dazz1
12-12-2020, 8:59am
Good to see you back Dazz, wondered what had happened to you, thought maybe you had gone overseas for awhile.
I don't print any of my photos for Albums now either either though I do have lots of them running through my Google Nest Hub.
And really enjoy making Photo Books I have just finished another two for Christmas presents my Family love them.
Today I am starting one for myself my first about Our Garden, that will keep me busy when it's to hot to be outside.

Overseas trips are out these days. I have been travelling, just within Queensland though.

Photo books? That's a concept I wasn't up on. Just looked it up. Nice idea. Hmmm... thanks

sunset
13-12-2020, 9:21pm
Welcome back. I’ve been MIA as well. Trying to get my photography mojo back!