PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Ring.

Floribunda
01-05-2020, 5:33pm
Out walking on a local country road we came across this Fairy Mushroom Ring - I haven't seen one for many years, and this one I thought was a fine example, so sharing the Iphone snap in the hope others will enjoy seeing it too.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49840311741_8a2ba8ed36_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iWdCgF)

Geoff79
01-05-2020, 7:54pm
Nice. My son would love to run through that circle causing havoc; of that I have no doubt.

Reminds me of a cool game I play with one of my brothers every now and then when I visit - Morels. Seriously entertaining card game that would be very well suited to the current state of the world. But anyway, one of the valuable cards is a ring of 'shrooms.

Mark L
01-05-2020, 9:26pm
I've never seem this before.:o
And I won't be wandering down any country roads look for these rings.

Floribunda
02-05-2020, 12:20am
Nice. My son would love to run through that circle causing havoc; of that I have no doubt.

Reminds me of a cool game I play with one of my brothers every now and then when I visit - Morels. Seriously entertaining card game that would be very well suited to the current state of the world. But anyway, one of the valuable cards is a ring of 'shrooms.

Had to google Morels Geoff as I had never heard of it! :)
Interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seem this before.:o
And I won't be wandering down any country roads look for these rings.

Guess you won’t be playing Morels any time soon either Mark. :rolleyes:

Geoff79
02-05-2020, 9:50pm
Morels is seriously enjoyable, and especially great as it's only for 2 players which happens to be a bit rare to find. Very good; recommended.

Floribunda
03-05-2020, 12:10am
Morels is seriously enjoyable, and especially great as it's only for 2 players which happens to be a bit rare to find. Very good; recommended.

I intend seeking it out, for the very reason you give Geoff - Great for two players.

Mary Anne
03-05-2020, 10:31am
New to me and Interesting :nod:

Floribunda
03-05-2020, 11:11am
New to me and Interesting :nod:

I posted this on Social Media as it is a fine example of a ring, and so far it has had over 400 hits! So many people have remarked that they have never seen one, I am amazed. We grew up in the country as kids finding them every autumn.
There are many theories as to why they grow in a circle.

martycon
05-05-2020, 2:28pm
Back to the mushrooms, have heard of it but never seen, so thanks for posting.

Floribunda
05-05-2020, 6:56pm
Back to the mushrooms, have heard of it but never seen, so thanks for posting.

Folklore says that if you dance in the middle of the ring it will bring you lots of luck.
Can’t vouch for that myself, but if you find one Marty, you may like to give it a go. :D