PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Sydney intro

Orlando Sydney
29-03-2020, 9:43am
Hi everyone,
recently discovered this forum, I haven't frequented social media for a year or two but that could change due to being house bound. I've dabbled in another forum or two off and on again for a few months but this being an Aussie forum it could be more relevant :)

We shoot mainly B2B event in Sydney, not a lot of shooting just for fun in a while. Although as every major event is cancelled I may get the camera out just for kicks :)
Keeping busy during this down time writing articles and tweaking the website with the spare time.

Cheers for now
Orlando

PS. We use Nikon gear...

ameerat42
29-03-2020, 9:57am
Welcoma to AP, Orlando.

Orlando Sydney
29-03-2020, 10:18am
cheers mate

- - - Updated - - -

Welcoma to AP, Orlando.
cheers mate x 2 :)

ricktas
29-03-2020, 10:22am
Welcome aboard. See you round the forums.

Orlando Sydney
29-03-2020, 10:33am
Welcome aboard. See you round the forums.

Cheers Rick. Look forward to have a peek every so often. Good to see the Aussie photogs connecting.

Mary Anne
29-03-2020, 10:40am
Hello and Welcome to AP Orlando.
Hope you get to stay around and starting posting on the Forums.
So Will look forward to seeing what Genre you shoot apart from what you mention above :nod:

Orlando Sydney
29-03-2020, 10:49am
Hello and Welcome to AP Orlando.
Hope you get to stay around and starting posting on the Forums.
So Will look forward to seeing what Genre you shoot apart from what you mention above :nod:

Hi Mary Anne,
you guys are friendly around here. Thank you for the welcome :D

Mary Anne
29-03-2020, 10:52am
Hi Mary Anne,

We are not only Friendly we are very Helpful too :2smile:

Orlando Sydney
29-03-2020, 11:34am
We are not only Friendly we are very Helpful too :2smile:

Thank you :)

bitsnpieces
29-03-2020, 12:38pm
Hi Orlando and welcome to AP

Orlando Sydney
29-03-2020, 2:54pm
Hi Orlando and welcome to AP

Hi David,
thank you. Good to be here.

Mark L
29-03-2020, 8:06pm
Hi Mary Anne,

Everyone is always friendly in this intro place.
Actually, everyone is pretty friendly everywhere here. (Rick bans the pricks that aren't friendly. Somehow I've survived.:lol2:)

Welcome aboard and hope you both (?) can find the time to get a little involved here (that's what makes forums work)

celowbe
30-03-2020, 12:37am
Welcome! Start getting those shutter counts up and post some inspiration.

Orlando Sydney
30-03-2020, 10:54am
Everyone is always friendly in this intro place.
Actually, everyone is pretty friendly everywhere here. (Rick bans the pricks that aren't friendly. Somehow I've survived.:lol2:)

Welcome aboard and hope you both (?) can find the time to get a little involved here (that's what makes forums work)

hehe. Thanks Mark.

I figured an intro post would by friendly then see how thick the skin is ....

On the US based forum I have been dabbling in occasional I was posting mostly pics on themed threads. That's prob where I'll be hanging out a bit here too.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome! Start getting those shutter counts up and post some inspiration.

Thanks mate.

Is there a fashion photo thread? I'll post a couple of shots

celowbe
30-03-2020, 11:11am
hehe. Thanks Mark.

I figured an intro post would by friendly then see how thick the skin is ....

On the US based forum I have been dabbling in occasional I was posting mostly pics on themed threads. That's prob where I'll be hanging out a bit here too.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks mate.

Is there a fashion photo thread? I'll post a couple of shotsCheck the people sub forum on the critique category. Most post up fashion on the "Formal and posed" sub forum by the looks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Orlando Sydney
31-03-2020, 3:21pm
Check the people sub forum on the critique category. Most post up fashion on the "Formal and posed" sub forum by the looks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

thank you. I'll see if I can find places to post non critique, more for enjoyment. I had a bit of a look around yesterday and will keep poking around the site :)

ameerat42
31-03-2020, 3:45pm
Orlando, posting in a not-for-critique (NFC) forum can soon become pointless.

"Critique" is not a polemic exchange. We call them the Constructive Critique (CC) forums. They allow for
fairly maximal interaction: a comprehensive exchange of ideas photographic and on technique, as well as
praise, admiration, adulation of effort, and so on.

Post in NFC by all means, but somewhat sparingly.

Orlando Sydney
31-03-2020, 6:09pm
Orlando, posting in a not-for-critique (NFC) forum can soon become pointless.

"Critique" is not a polemic exchange. We call them the Constructive Critique (CC) forums. They allow for
fairly maximal interaction: a comprehensive exchange of ideas photographic and on technique, as well as
praise, admiration, adulation of effort, and so on.

Post in NFC by all means, but somewhat sparingly.

'Polemic' what a marvellous word, I had to look that up :)
Thank you, Constructive critique isn't really my thing, I like posting for enjoyment and seeing other photos for enjoyment. If others ask me specifically I'll givem my view. (White balance is what stands out the most if I had to pic on a photo ;).)
The part I like isn't about the technical characteristics of the photo but more the why and where. I do like a bit of camera gear talk thou, the advancements in technology are amazing.

For instance, the Nikon 300mm PF lens, a piece of technology that has brought me some pleasure in an easy to walk around lens. I try to use it at events to give the viewer an uncommon view. Same for portraits at 20mm. Just different and fun.

Mark L
31-03-2020, 9:45pm
So you don't want CC on your photos seems to suggest you know enough to be able to offer CC on others posted photos? That would be good.:th3:

Orlando Sydney
01-04-2020, 3:32pm
So you don't want CC on your photos seems to suggest you know enough to be able to offer CC on others posted photos? That would be good.:th3:

Hi Mark,
not sure about knowing enough... like most creatives we have a style of shooting and processing that we're happy with personally. Some may not like that style, same may resonate with it etc.
If I'm asked I can give an opinion, but it's only an opinion :)

This will be my 10th post :D Perhaps I should jump out of the 'sandbox' now lol

Aus275
01-04-2020, 8:06pm
Welcome. I'm new myself and everyone seems nice so far, so I'm sure you'll have no issues

Orlando Sydney
02-04-2020, 1:14pm
Welcome. I'm new myself and everyone seems nice so far, so I'm sure you'll have no issues

Hi mate,
thank you for the welcome. I see you're on the cusp of the 50 post milestone :)
Nice one