PDA

View Full Version : At last! A cop who speaks English.

bobt
26-03-2020, 3:43pm
We're all used to police on the telly talking about "A male person, Caucasian, who was last observed moving in a northerly direction and who is a person of interest in the alleged crime".

Today, finally, one of them broke free of the "Police Speak Manual"

After a guy in Melbourne caused the evacuation of the National Bank by claiming (wrongly) that he had the corona virus, the Victorian Police Chief (Graham Ashton) departed from the customary "police speak" by saying "He was a dick head, clearly. Of course I stand by that advice."

:lol:

Glenda
27-03-2020, 6:44am
Unfortunately I think this crisis is bringing lots of ########s to the fore. I saw some young guy in Brisbane on the news last night saying the restrictions wouldn't stop him doing what he wants :confused013

Gazza
27-03-2020, 6:56am
Heard a replay via 'Ross & John' (3AW) this morning. Good on him - :th3:

ricktas
27-03-2020, 7:00am
I cracked up at the one that a tv station interviewed as he came back into Australia from overseas. They asked him what he was going to do while in isolation for 14 days. He repiled something along the lines of 'heaps of cones'.

bobt
27-03-2020, 8:14am
Unfortunately I think this crisis is bringing lots of ########s to the fore. I saw some young guy in Brisbane on the news last night saying the restrictions wouldn't stop him doing what he wants :confused013

You're not wrong! Apparently we had a couple of jet setters here in Vic who were told to isolate, and they were seen swanning around the town as if nothing was happening. Perhaps we should replace Duck season with DH season!

Actually, that must be what the Americans are doing .... sales of guns are way up over there. I guess they do have rather a lot of DHs to target.