PDA

View Full Version : Hello

mavicsc
07-01-2020, 11:57am
Hi All,

I am from Melbourne Australia.

I am an amateur photographer. Till recently I have been using auto mode on my Canon 60D ( I know it is an ancient camera).

I got into drones about 6 months back and started learning to fly and do videography. Somewhere on the way I fell in love with aerial photography and in the last few weeks I dusted my Canon and started taking landscape photos around where I live. I have been watching a lot of you tube videos and trying different manual settings.

It is evident i need to learn a lot to start taking decent photos.

I have joined this community to learn from the experience and expertise of the members on this forum.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs and guidance to achieve my objectives.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ameerat42
07-01-2020, 3:53pm
Welcome aboard AP. It sounds like you've got some interesting pursuits
ahead of you.

ricktas
07-01-2020, 6:43pm
Welcome to AP. Hope we get to see some of your photography soon.

tanz
07-01-2020, 7:10pm
Hello and welcome. We got a cheap drone for our kids for Christmas and I cant believe how good the video quality is, I look forward to seeing some of your photos :)

Mark L
07-01-2020, 8:45pm
Hi All,

I am from Melbourne Australia.

I am an amateur photographer. Till recently I have been using auto mode on my Canon 60D ( I know it is an ancient camera).
Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

60D is not ancient. It is a perfectly usable camera. You should not be discouraged from using it.:th3: While I use my 80D with my long lens I still have shorter lens on the 60D as a backup. I sometimes think the 60D actually presents less niose.:confused013

mavicsc
07-01-2020, 10:56pm
Thank you all for making me feel welcomed. I run my own business so do not get much time to pursue this hobby much. I will be uploading my photos as and when I shoot them ( which may not be very frequent, due to time constraints) and look forward to the critique and inputs to improve.

Thank you again for your welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bitsnpieces
10-01-2020, 12:30am
Hi and welcome to AP

Great to see another Melbournian

mavicsc
10-01-2020, 10:29pm
Hi and welcome to AP

Great to see another Melbournian

Thanks

rwg717
11-01-2020, 9:31pm
Hi and welcome......enjoy!:D
Richard

mavicsc
12-01-2020, 12:24pm
Hi and welcome......enjoy!:D
Richard

Thanks

Mary Anne
13-01-2020, 3:30pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums :2smile: