PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Icechick88

Icechick88
05-12-2019, 9:36am
Hi, I am new to photography social media and forums and was encouraged to join by my friend for the purpose of learning and improving my skills, and hopefully over time help others on their artistic journey.

I currently own a Canon 5d mark iii with an intention to move to lighter gear... Basically it just sits there gathering dust...until recently when a colleague lent me their 100-400mm L lens. Whilst it made the total gear set even heavier I never had so much fun shooting.

So here is my dilemma... Light gear but good gear but affordable... I have no answer short of spending at least another $5k.

Leica body - cheaper lens? Cheaper body, Leica lens? No Leica at all?

And so my journey begins...

Toddyh
05-12-2019, 2:58pm
Welcome aboard. From your first image I imagine landscape photography is your interest?
5D is an expensive camera to be sitting around doing nothing. It's a full frame camera so stepping to a crop sensor might be a step backwards for you. Maybe have a look at some of the full frame mirrorless options.

Burma
05-12-2019, 3:17pm
Olympus reintroduced fun into photography for me - light, go everywhere, great selection of excellent lenses from tele to wide. I will not go back to larger cameras.
You could have an omd em 1ii or omd em 5iii and a bag of lenses for the weight of the Canon. Going m4/3 is liberation!

ameerat42
05-12-2019, 6:16pm
Welcome to AP.

Mary Anne
05-12-2019, 11:39pm
Hello and Welcome to AP..