PDA

View Full Version : microSDcards are sure getting cheap

Dazz1
03-12-2019, 1:10pm
I just bought 2 Sandisk Ultra 32GB microSDcards from Officeworks for $7 each. I bought them for use with various things, raspberry pi, digital sound recorder etc, but they come with adapters and would work fine in my camera as well.

So cheap.

ameerat42
03-12-2019, 4:07pm
--Cheap as... --ips!

Basically, use them in slow devices. Yes, OK even for 1080p video, but NOT 4K video.

Check out their UHS rating - the higher the better. It's a number inside an elongated "U".

However, this is exactly what I'm looking for to give to a non-tech friend to expand the
storage of their old Samsung phone, so ta for the update.

Dazz1
03-12-2019, 5:29pm
--Cheap as... --ips!

Basically, use them in slow devices. Yes, OK even for 1080p video, but NOT 4K video.

Check out their UHS rating - the higher the better. It's a number inside an elongated "U".

However, this is exactly what I'm looking for to give to a non-tech friend to expand the
storage of their old Samsung phone, so ta for the update.

Sure. They are a 10 rating. I agree, fine up to HD 1080.

ricktas
03-12-2019, 6:42pm
I got a 128gb one for my 4k dashcam few weeks back from Office Works, think it was about $60.

Dazz1
03-12-2019, 6:56pm
I got a 128gb one for my 4k dashcam few weeks back from Office Works, think it was about $60.

There is a curve in prices, as size increases, and it's steepness increases at the big end. Everything moves down the curve with time, and I have even looked at 256GB microSD becoming tempting on eBay.