PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom problems

jamesmartin
19-11-2019, 12:50pm
after the latest update it kept on freezing afterwards. now when i try to open lightroom it wont open at all, saying - the lightroom catalog named lightroom catalog cannot be opened because another application already has it opened.
has anybody else had this problem before? i dont have anyother app that has it opened

- - - Updated - - -

its ok all sorted

Gazza
19-11-2019, 1:00pm
after the latest update it kept on freezing afterwards. now when i try to open lightroom it wont open at all, saying - the lightroom catalog named lightroom catalog cannot be opened because another application already has it opened.
has anybody else had this problem before? i dont have anyother app that has it opened
I don't use lightroom, James (just PS), but I did noticed after the last big update my old apps were left behind (PS & Bridge) and needed to click 'Uninstall' from the Adobe desktop thingy. May help perhaps? I suspect your old version of lightroom is the other app that has it open. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooops, I walked away half way through typing this and see you now have it sorted.

ameerat42
19-11-2019, 1:50pm
James, what happened? It might be of use to others.

jamesmartin
19-11-2019, 2:36pm
I don't use lightroom, James (just PS), but I did noticed after the last big update my old apps were left behind (PS & Bridge) and needed to click 'Uninstall' from the Adobe desktop thingy. May help perhaps? I suspect your old version of lightroom is the other app that has it open. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooops, I walked away half way through typing this and see you now have it sorted.

Thanks Gazza. I uninstalled the older version of Lightroom before reading your reply in hope to help with the freezing of Lightroom but still didnt

- - - Updated - - -

James, what happened? It might be of use to others.

I went into the lightroom folder & deleted the file that ends in - .lock. which sorted it out.
Lightroom is still freezing after less then a minute of use every time i start it up

- - - Updated - - -

In my creative cloud desktop thing with all my apps there were two Lightroom versions so I uninstalled the old one. Now when I open the newer version (9.0). In develop under calibration it only gives me options as version 1 to 5. Instead of what it used to be including camera standard which I always used. Also I have lost my debase slider which used to be under effects

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops......sorry I've just found them. There up the top now lol

Gazza
19-11-2019, 2:39pm
Whoops......sorry I've just found them. There up the top now lol
Ha ha ha...things are bound to be a bit different. Was a big(ish) upgrade.

cupic
06-06-2020, 1:26pm
Just a side note on Lightroom 6.I have had and still have a issue when I imported images from my D750 to Lr I notice
that the exposure settings to all my photos are on 0.45 .Where in the camera EV is on 0 . I can't figure it out
For no reason that I can think of all shots are at that value.I know that I can reset as a group to 0 Just value why.Is it a
error on the camera body or a wayward settings in LR

cheers

J.davis
06-06-2020, 9:02pm
Have a look at your 'import settings', it probably has a preset in there with some values.

cupic
07-06-2020, 2:14pm
Thanks for the heads up John but I dont see in the settings, any exposure thats dial in