PDA

View Full Version : Has Anybody Else Got This...?

ameerat42
20-10-2019, 9:58am
A message came to my email inbox today, looking for all it was worth as if it came from Adobe.
I have posted it here, and what opens on clicking the link. Does anybody with an account know
if it's a valid message from them?

The thing is, I don't remember EVER having an account with Adobe, and my records agree :confused013

Suss email...

Gazza
20-10-2019, 10:13am
I've just had a quick look through my saved emails from Adobe and none have that style of address 'mail@MAIL.adobe.com' Not much help. Sorry.

ameerat42
20-10-2019, 10:24am
It is helpful, Gazza. I suspectificated it immediately, but thought I'd ask here.

davidd
20-10-2019, 11:41am
SCAM!

Gazza
20-10-2019, 11:51am
It is helpful, Gazza. I suspectificated it immediately, but thought I'd ask here.
You could run a quick test. Send them your credit card details and if they take a little from your account it's a scam, if they take a ship-load then it's genuine Adobe :grinning01: :grinning01:

Cheers - :beer_mug:

ricktas
20-10-2019, 12:23pm
Biggest hint it is a scam.

DEAR ADOBE USER.

if you had an account and the email was from Adobe, that bit would say Dear (your name),

No different to;

Dear ANZ customer

Dear WESTPAC Customer

Dear PAYPAL user

etc

Anyone you genuinely deal with will place your name in that bit. However be careful. Do not just use this as the only check. If your email is your name (real name), ie Rick@blahblah . com and your email is scooped up by a scammer, expect them to email you as Dear Rick.

ameerat42
20-10-2019, 12:57pm
Ta, Guys. I will IT. Gazza, you're a wag! :lol:

fillum
20-10-2019, 4:37pm
I received the email below in May. Legit as far as I can determine. However this is the only Adobe email I've received from that email address.

Could your email be related to a previous trial perhaps?

You could run a quick test. Send them your credit card details and if they take a little from your account it's a scam, if they take a ship-load then it's genuine Adobe :grinning01: :grinning01:Ha ha. It's funny 'cause it's true !

Cheers.

ameerat42
20-10-2019, 4:58pm
Ta, Phil. I can only recall a trial of CS6 when it first came out a few years ago.
I'm sure it won't hurt if they [do whatever they wanna do]. Frankly, I couldn't
caress - er, care less :rolleyes:

Jaded62
20-10-2019, 6:46pm
Scam.

I got one of these through my work email address. My Adobe account is through my home email address which didn't get the email.

Hawthy
20-10-2019, 7:44pm
Scam.

I got one of these through my work email address. My Adobe account is through my home email address which didn't get the email.

Exactly the same story for me. Email sent to my work email address, which I don't use for managing subscriptions. I do like Gazza's idea though.

A few years ago, my Netflix recommendations were all for Spanish language programs and my viewing history was all Spanish soap operas. Turns out that Adobe's database was hacked and email addresses and passwords stolen. I used the same password for Netflix and Adobe and they put two and two together. Lesson learned.

Glenda
21-10-2019, 7:49am
Yes I received one and like Andrew and Jaded mine came to the wrong email. I have a separate email for subscriptions etc. Scammers are getting cleverer by the day which is scary. Read about one recently where someone had two men dressed as federal police come to his door with an eftpos machine and said he owed money to the ATO. I imagine many could be intimidated and taken in by this. This particular person wasn't but I was sort of wishing he had been on reading his comment that he realised immediately they were scammers but had his wife been there alone she would have probably paid them.

Mary Anne
21-10-2019, 6:10pm
No I haven't I wonder why ?

ameerat42
23-10-2019, 9:22am
No I haven't I wonder why ?

Scammers don't like you, M A :( - Aren't you so lucky :D

Mary Anne
23-10-2019, 9:32am
Scammers don't like you, M A :( - Aren't you so lucky :D

Could have something to do with my Internet Security Am, you never know.

ameerat42
23-10-2019, 9:54am
"Hoo" is to blame! - Yahoo! that is. It slipped through their spam filter.
This sometimes happens with Optus webmail, but more often with you-know-hoo!:rolleyes:

Lance B
23-10-2019, 11:42am
Yes, I received this email, but I went to Adobe themselves rather than go via the email link and logged on just to make sure.

nardes
26-10-2019, 9:38pm
I wonder if this is the source....

https://threatpost.com/adobe-creative-cloud-users-exposed-hackers/149563/

"Nearly 7.5 million Adobe Creative Cloud users are left open to phishing campaigns after their records were left exposed to the internet."

Cheers

Dennis

Mark L
27-10-2019, 9:27pm
I wonder if this is the source....

https://threatpost.com/adobe-creative-cloud-users-exposed-hackers/149563/

"Nearly 7.5 million Adobe Creative Cloud users are left open to phishing campaigns after their records were left exposed to the internet."

Cheers

Dennis

This seems feasible.
I use a couple of adobe products in my PPing and have an account but none are related to the CC. I haven't received the email that others have.