PDA

View Full Version : That Time Again...

ameerat42
06-10-2019, 10:50am
Well, at "half-past-four" this morning on ABC News Radio the "half-past-FIVE" music came on.
- How I found out we had switched to Daylight Saving :confused013 Once they'd announce it
for weeks in advance, then they went to days, then "tonight", now... - You find out 6 months
later when you change the clocks back that you had been on DST all the while :rolleyes::confused013

Mary Anne
06-10-2019, 11:01am
I had no idea either Am, not on the front page of the Sunday Mail this morning here in Brisbane either.
So Thanks for that :nod:

John King
06-10-2019, 11:03am
It's my job for this morning. Cars, clocks, cameras, pool equipment, home phones, some TV equipment, stove and microwave don't self-adjust.

ameerat42
06-10-2019, 11:21am
I had no idea either Am, not on the front page of the Sunday Mail this morning here in Brisbane either.
So Thanks for that :nod:
M A. Check that paper again after DST here ends :D:D

It's my job for this morning. Cars, clocks, cameras, pool equipment, home phones, some TV equipment, stove and microwave don't self-adjust.
JK. Once I had the same routine, then "over the years" I found that "more and more of our things"
adjusted automatically. Now that just leaves three clocks and a microwave. - Oh, also two cars.
But there's no hurry for them, as I'm used to adding/subtracting an hour. I usually get around to
doing them "after a while", when I bother to look in the manuals to remind me how each time :o
However, I don't want to live in a "smart house", where just about everything is automated :D

Gazza
06-10-2019, 11:30am
Best time of the year!

I only have the car and have found if I leave it long enough it comes good all by it's self. Magic? :grinning01:

Cheers - :beer_mug:

ameerat42
06-10-2019, 11:35am
Best time of the year!

I only have the car and have found if I leave it long enough it comes good all by it's self. Magic? :grinning01:

:Doh: - So you're saying it's a seasonal thing? Of course!

Gazza
06-10-2019, 11:41am
:Doh: - So you're saying it's a seasonal thing? Of course!
Only take 6 months. Too easy :grinning01:

Mary Anne
06-10-2019, 11:50am
I hated living in Melbourne changing clocks and things Thank Goodness I did not have any Techie things in those day :rolleyes:
Living only about 83 kms from the QLD/NSW border of course I have my iPhone in my hand when we go over that imaginary line and see the time go faster :D

ricktas
06-10-2019, 9:33pm
It takes me a day or two to adjust, so I change all my clocks early. Got home Friday night and I went ahead and adjusted everything. i am fairly much synced now. Whereas if I do it Sunday morning, it screws my bodyclock up for Monday and work.

farmmax
07-10-2019, 2:50am
I gave up, and leave the clocks on daylight saving time year round. Means for six months of the year I get a pleasant surprise to find it's earlier than I thought! It's surprising how many other people do the same, so I'm wary of looking at the time in other peoples homes. Never know if their clocks are real time or daylight saving time.

Bensch
10-10-2019, 2:34pm

Oooo, I had forgotten to adjust the time on my cameras :o

Best time of the year!

That right there is some scary magic :eek:

Mark L
11-10-2019, 9:00pm
Best time of the year!

Only take 6 months. Too easy :grinning01:

:lol2:

arthurking83
13-10-2019, 3:20pm
So many folks have trouble with DST ... :confused013
(personally I look forward to it).

But fear not .. if you have trouble with DST .. so do others.

https://youtu.be/k4EUTMPuvHo

Still makes me laugh after all these years .. so American!

One of my two favourite things on YT.

ameerat42
13-10-2019, 5:38pm
AK, you kidding?!

I hadder laugh! - All US blockbusters are as good :rolleyes: :p

Gazza
13-10-2019, 5:48pm
And spare a thought for those good folk over at Stonehenge, no easy task moving all that forward 1 Hr :D

ameerat42
13-10-2019, 5:55pm
Gazza, that's nuffin :cool:
I remember seeing a Great British Railways episode some years ago (+/- DST) where "he"
pointed out that until about mid-19th Century the British Isles had different times in the
different counties, so that travelling from London to (say) Bristol took you through a few
TZs, each being an odd amount different from the next and apparently based on local
noon for the major town in the county. So even standard time was a canine's first meal
of the day -- and worse, when would you serve it :eek:

mudman
13-10-2019, 6:37pm
actually gazza, they would be moving them BACK.
it's Autumn over there now

davidd
16-10-2019, 2:04pm
Something even scarier!
I just flew from Vancouver to Sydney, and they stole a WHOLE DAY off me! :eek:

We were flying along on Sunday night, and suddenly it was Tuesday! What happened to Monday!
Although I suppose if you have to lose a day, Monday would be the best to lose! :D