PDA

View Full Version : New Sydney-based Photographer

Pyk
30-08-2019, 2:21pm
Hi All

I have picked up the camera again after a long time away from the hobby. Really want to develop new skills and learn from everyone.
Love astro photography and also have a Celestron C8 scope that I hope to do some imaging with, but my main camera is a Nikon D5300 with the kit 18-55mm lens.

I've recently subscribed to Adobe CC and am playing in lightroom with stacking and merging and want to try out some HDR stuff.
Will post some pics soon.

ameerat42
30-08-2019, 3:01pm
Hi and welcome to AP, Pyk.

From what you say, your experience level is more than what we would call Beginner on AP.

Here's a thread you might read (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?161901-Addition-to-our-site-rules-HELP-us-define-Beginner-Intermediate-Advanced&p=1491401#post1491401) about clarifying the experience levels.

I would say that your experience level would be Intermediate. You can change it to that by
editing your user profile. It's easy enough: "Settings" at the top right of any page, then on the
left of the new page click "Edit Profile". Scroll to Experience Level, and... :th3:

Bear Dale
30-08-2019, 3:08pm
Welcome to the forum Pyk.

Pyk
30-08-2019, 3:17pm
Thanks Ameerat, Bear

In regards to your comment Ameerat, when i used to play with the camera it was totally on auto settings. While I may know my way around a photo editing program reasonably well I am still figuring out the apeture, iso, shutter relationship. So I feel like im in the middle. Beginner for the camera and intermediate for the software. But a crappy shot is a crappy shot right? software in the end can only do so much.

much confused

ameerat42
30-08-2019, 3:23pm
How are your shots for composition? - And you know your way around that C8!
If getting to know your camera better is all that's at issue, then that should soon be over.
Aim for Intermediate sooner than later.

Have a look in the Library for learning resources.

Mary Anne
30-08-2019, 3:42pm
Hello Pyk and Welcome to AP :2smile: You will get lots of Help here :nod:
Plenty to learn here too, so post your images on the Forums for CC that's the best way to learn.
And do have a go at commenting on other Members Posts as that's what makes Forums work

Bensch
30-08-2019, 3:55pm
Hi Pyk and welcome to AP, looking forward to seeing you and your photos around the forum :th3: