PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

PhotoLady
27-08-2019, 10:03am
Hi all, a very very basic picture taker here :)

- - - Updated - - -

I do have a first question, how do people calibrate an ipad or tablet screen (or even a laptop screen) if the colours are awry? There's no adjustments like there is with a pc monitor.

ricktas
27-08-2019, 12:18pm
Welcome. iPad.. I dont think you can adjust. Laptop, you use a colorimeter to setup a profile for it. Something like a Spyder or ColorMunki - it is a device you buy that you attach to your screen and it reads the screen quality etc and creates a 'profile' that loads during the laptop start-up to set your screen to a standard.

PhotoLady
27-08-2019, 12:36pm
Thanks, on laptop the bottom graph I can see the differences in the black to the very left and the whites to the very right but not as discernible on the ipad and holding the ipad near the laptop screen colours do look a little different.

ricktas
27-08-2019, 2:00pm
Thanks, on laptop the bottom graph I can see the differences in the black to the very left and the whites to the very right but not as discernible on the ipad and holding the ipad near the laptop screen colours do look a little different.

Using the graph we provide gives you a basic idea only, it is not designed to calibrate your device. They only proper way to do it is a hardware based calibration tool.

PhotoLady
27-08-2019, 4:11pm
Thank you and thank you for fixing up my membership with hubby :)

Mary Anne
28-08-2019, 8:19am
Hello and Welcome to AP.. You picked a great place to learn all you need to know about Photography.
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the CC Forums :2smile:

PhotoLady
28-08-2019, 1:10pm
So kind of you Mary Anne, I'm just very peripherally involved presently with photography, but my interest is evolving as I have more time on my hands now.

Bensch
28-08-2019, 3:10pm
Greetings and welcome to AP, looking forward to seeing your photos around the forums :th3:

rwg717
28-08-2019, 9:06pm
Hi there and welcome.:D
Richard

PhotoLady
29-08-2019, 10:15am
Thank you :)