PDA

View Full Version : Back button & AF points

Filter
01-07-2019, 2:15pm
If you save me time trolling please do. With my Canon 7Dii I am using back button AF, I have selected single square AF with the small square inside that. My issue is that when I press the back button the single AF square changes to the single square with the four small squares surrounding it. My two questions are: is this meant to act this way? & am I getting the critical single I want? If you get my drift........;)

Alan

Tannin
01-07-2019, 5:18pm
From memory, there is a custom function called something like "auto-expansion of selected AF point". Turn this off. It is good for certain tasks (e.g., flight shots) but bad for a sitting bird. (The 1D III certainly has this functionj, as does the 1D IV, and I think the 7D and 7D II are similar.)

Filter
02-07-2019, 9:34am
From memory, there is a custom function called something like "auto-expansion of selected AF point". Turn this off. It is good for certain tasks (e.g., flight shots) but bad for a sitting bird. (The 1D III certainly has this functionj, as does the 1D IV, and I think the 7D and 7D II are similar.)

Thanks Tony, you seem to be on the right track. I looked at a couple of videos about this & couldn't find how to turn it off. Away to Thailand for a week so will have another crack at it when I get back. Cheers.

Alan.