PDA

View Full Version : File Problem

merlin1
17-05-2019, 1:18pm
Have just tried to Export some bird files using Light Room, which I have been doing for the last 5 years or more. When the name of the file to be exported to is selected a warning comes up ( The Specific Folder is Not Writable).
Nothing has been changed on the computer except yesterday I did the latest Lightroom update.

Has anyone any ideas, Thanks Ross.

ameerat42
17-05-2019, 1:29pm
Check the properties on that folder (assuming Win OS) - or even if it exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Search on "Lightroom The Specified Folder is Not Writable". There are a few refs.

One of 'em: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1826369

I've gotta go out for a bit.

nardes
17-05-2019, 4:40pm
Hi Ross

I went through the Adobe CC LR and CR update and found that LR would not send files to PS for opening as previous.:rolleyes:

I right clicked the LR Desktop Icon and in the Properties dialogue, changed to Open as Administrator and then it worked.

You have to make sure this change "sticks" as in my 1st attempt it only seemed to do it once and then after I closed LR and PS, the problem happened again until I made the change permanent.

Cheers

Dennis

merlin1
17-05-2019, 7:48pm
Thanks Dennis,
I have looked and under Group or User, System names is in blue and has all permissions ( I guess I am in the right area)
Ross.
Still does not work.

gcflora
18-05-2019, 12:21am
How long is the file path (directory/folder name) + filename? On Windows Server at work we had some stupidly long directory names by accident and this was the warning reported by some software rather than the more obvious "make your path + filename shorter!!!".

merlin1
19-05-2019, 7:55pm
thanks for all the info, still acting the same, except Photoshop writes to the files ok,
looks like it may be a bug in the last update, will just have to wait for a fix.
Ross.

merlin1
31-05-2019, 7:51pm
Just uploaded the latest update to Lightroom, problem solved.
Ross.