PDA

View Full Version : Eos R battery grip worth it??

st87
12-05-2019, 12:38pm
Hey guys, looks like we're looking at around $500 for this. I wish they made a cheaper varient without the charging feature. Am hoping vello would make a third party compatible product soon.

But yeah, just wondering... Is the $500 just a steep figure to me, or are you finding the price to be a tad too much as well?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

nardes
12-05-2019, 1:37pm
As I want a smaller form factor in the EOS R compared to my 5D Mk IV, it would not make sense in my case to fit a battery grip.

But, if you have a requirement for better comfort and control in a Vertical Position, need the additional Shutter and Control Buttons and want the additional power of up to two LP-E6/LP-E6N Batteries, then I would go for it.

Cheers

Dennis

EDIT: A review on the B&H website indicates that the OEM Canon Grip includes the USB-C charger with the grip.

Tannin
12-05-2019, 2:56pm
Madness. For an EOS R plus $500, you've pretty much paid the price to upgrade to a 5D IV, which delivers exactly the same image quality, much better battery life, superior handling, more reliable auto-focus, and a better viewfinder. Don't even think about it.