PDA

View Full Version : Poor wattles

Glenda
17-04-2019, 11:05am
The wattles planted on the harbour front obviously didn't like all the high winds we had last month.

Mary Anne
20-04-2019, 8:51am
Thats sad to see Glenda. Have the Council looks at these. Were they beyond saving ?
We have had that happen to many of our smaller trees and large shrubs over the stormy Seasons here and a little TLC works wonders.

Glenda
22-04-2019, 7:39am
The Marina Parklands are maintained by our local Port Authority and they are usually very good with maintenance ie BBQs are cleaned daily, lawns mowed and watered regularly so I have been surprised at how long these have been allowed to sit like this. The foliage looks healthy still so hopefully they will try and save them.

peterb666
06-07-2019, 12:16am
Well I had someone house sit with the cats a while away for a weekend and they decided to do some gardening. That's how my front yard looked afterwards. At least the cats were alive when we returned.

farmmax
06-07-2019, 12:56am
Must have been some wind. They look pretty healthy and wouldn't take a lot to push back up and stake for a while to hold them steady. Hopefully someone will come along and do the job soon.