PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone Thanks for the add!

Grandpastyx
25-02-2019, 4:33pm
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this fourum my main interest in photography is bird and wild life as well as macro i also love to take candid photos of my grandchildren
my gear -I have a Canon 5d mark II Sigma 170-500 ,and a Sigma 180 macro lens my biggest shortfall is post photo processing I wish i could just take my photos to a lab like in the film days

ricktas
25-02-2019, 5:27pm
Welcome. Pull up your chair. See you and your photos round the forums soon.

ameerat42
25-02-2019, 5:46pm
Welcome to AP.

...my biggest shortfall is post photo processing I wish i could just take my photos to a lab like in the film days

--Nahh! The old days were when you had no control over what you got back.:eek:

Basic processing of your own images is part of the fun, IMO. Stick around here and you'll soon see that.
- A crop here, a tweak there... gives just that little more to a picture.

Anyway, you can still get close to that by shooting in jpeg only mode. --Until you want something "better":D

Grandpastyx
25-02-2019, 6:19pm
Thanks no I have been wanting to learn or to do a course on Photoshop or Lightroom but have just been too flat out as well as not knowing which one will be better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mary Anne
25-02-2019, 6:57pm
Hello and Welcome to AP..
I also shoot the Birds though slowing down on Macro these days as there are not many Insects here its to dry.
Plenty of Ants though they are to fast for me now. So I will look forward to seeing what you post on the CC Forums.
Lots of Tutorials on how to do anything on youtube, also the Members will Help you out if they can.
Click on this link and scroll down to Post Processing Help (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?7-Photographic-Help-and-Advice) and have a look at the PS Tutorials further down too.

Mark L
26-02-2019, 10:12pm
G'day and welcome aboard granddad. :)
Don't be overwhelmed with the PPing thing. Slower is faster. I use PS and just play with exposure, shadows, highlights and clarity. I take my photos in RAW which gives me more file size to use doing these things.
just ask questions as you go if you are getting frustrated with something.

bitsnpieces
01-03-2019, 10:20am
Hi and welcome to AP :D