PDA

View Full Version : The digital boomerang returns...

canguro
23-02-2019, 8:23pm
Hi all... long time away, over two years.

It's been a bit like the John Lennon song, Beautiful Boy ... 'life getting in the way' :

a divorce (the second),

a transition from a lifetime of employment and activity to 'retirement'

a shift from Sydney and the density of a popular multicultural hub to relative isolation on 100 acres in the bush in northeastern NSW

~ however, life on the land has the self-generating quality of demanding action, attention, and care, and after almost twelve months here I'm happy to say it's been the right move.

And I take lots of photos - adding to my bird list with sightings of such creatures as the Rufous Scrub Bird (a major wow! moment), Grey Goshawk, Barking Owl, Regent Bowerbird, Noisy Pitta, Black-faced Monarch, Lewin's Honeyeater, & Scarlet, & Brown Honeyeaters.

Hope to start posting and getting back into the pleasure of this website. Heads up to Ricktas...

ameerat42
23-02-2019, 10:18pm
Seems you were bound to return.

Welcome back.:th3:

ricktas
24-02-2019, 6:27am
Welcome back

Mary Anne
24-02-2019, 11:27am
Welcome back, life getting in your way sorry to read that ? Not in my life it’s the Dog in it that gets in my way,.
As soon as she sees me grab the Birding Gear, she grabs her Rope Knot and wants to play Tug of War with me she wins that War :D

Northeastern NSW sounds good to me, and don’t forget the Reptiles, Butterflies and Damsel/dragonflies Birding gear is great for capturing them too :nod:

whipper_snappa
24-02-2019, 6:05pm
Welcome back mate, hope the journey of life hasn't deterred you to your final destination. :)

canguro
25-02-2019, 10:42pm
Thank you whipper_snappa (often deterred, always manage somehow to bounce back), ricktas (clearly a gentleman for allowing reprobates like me a chance to engage), Mary Anne (yes, lots of reptiles, insects too - I sit outside at night and read, and am often amazed at the range of 6-legged visitors drawn by the light), and ameerat42 (Douglas Adams said a bit about 42, coincidence?). I remember most of youse (cue language crunch from Mr Fenech) from my earlier time here. Generous of you all to say hi.

ameerat42
26-02-2019, 7:08am
...and ameerat42 (Douglas Adams said a bit about 42, coincidence?)...

I remember you because 1) you had an Italian name:D, 2)you were living in China, at the time:cool:, and you were well-versed in our vernacular:o

Indeed it was the famous DA who told me about 42. I had been wondering about a long-forgotten question at the time:cool:

Mark L
26-02-2019, 10:22pm
Before I could comment here I hopped along since I'm a good lad.:p