PDA

View Full Version : Slowly learning and getting better.

doc dogg
07-02-2019, 9:47am
G'day everyone. I've had a passing interest in photography for many years, but a severe lack of funds limited me to a really terrible series of point and shoot 35mm cameras. After working hard and putting aside enough money I finally bought a Nikon D7100 in 2014 along with a few Nikon DX lenses (35mm F1.8, 18-140mm & 70-300mm) and an external flash (SB700). Now I had the gear, but my ability to get the pictures I was visualising in my head onto the camera was lacking. I've spent the last 5 years sporadically binging Youtube videos and getting out and taking photos. I'm slowly getting better, but between getting married, having a kid, moving halfway across the country and 3 job changes, I have been neglecting my photography practice. I hope that's going to change in the future and joining this forum is the first step in making a serious effort.

The first thing I need to work out is how to make a 3yo stand still and pose so I can take photos of him :)

ameerat42
07-02-2019, 10:09am
Welcome to AP, doc dogg (DD).

Join in and enjoy.

Mary Anne
07-02-2019, 3:43pm
Welcome to AP. And good luck on learning how to get your Son to stay still and pose :D

Colin B
07-02-2019, 4:10pm
Hi Doc Dogg and welcome to the forum.

This is a great place to learn through looking at the various photos posted by phorographers of all skill levels and reading the criticism. I hope you will post a few of your own soon.

ricktas
07-02-2019, 5:22pm
Welcome to AP and see you on the forums.

Re the 3 year old.. have you tried superglue :lol:

Geoff79
07-02-2019, 7:03pm
Welcome aboard, a looking forward to some snaps!