PDA

View Full Version : Have You Seen This...?

ameerat42
05-02-2019, 9:27pm
It's the little multi-coloured disc under the title Australian Photography.

I noticed it today on a couple of web pages, and on AP it appears when
I hover the mouse in that area. Meantime, doing a bunch of scans!!!

Tannin
06-02-2019, 12:30am
Aliens.

Nothing to worry about. It's just a reflection of the flying saucers hovering outside your window. Perfectly normal.

ricktas
06-02-2019, 6:09am
Nup never seen that one. Probably some add-on to your browser

ameerat42
06-02-2019, 6:17am
Ta. I wiped 2 legacy add-ons with the new - Oh, did I say FFox? - browser update.
Two separate scanners dragged up only one measly tracking cookie between them.
I tested Pale Moon and Chrome and they're not showing it.

ameerat42
08-02-2019, 9:23am
Nup never seen that one. Probably some add-on to your browser

--And so it turned out to be, and neither had I before!:eek:

Anyway, the problem has been accidentally solved, but first the "problem" was re-identified as one
of forgetfulness, induced by some program changes in FFox.

I was hovering idly over HG's pic here (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?159957-A-Winter-Tree-Salt-Lake-City-Utah&p=1476045#post1476045) wondering what the exposure details were,
when "the dratted coloured wheel" appeared and started spinning. I then R-clicked on an Exif viewer
and found that there was no recorded camera data for that image.

--Then a 5c piece dropped (I have forgotten what a penny is): A darkish bar appeared along the
bottom of the image and the wheel was in the middle of that. On checking my Add-ons, I found an
active one called Exify. - Now ages ago when FFox became "Quantum"-ized it said that add-on was no
longer compatible, and I "just thought it had been disabled". It ended up at the bottom of the list and
was forgotten about. But 2 versions of FFox ago it must have become compatible again :confused013

So after checking a few more images, there was the Exif data appearing on some of them. So that's that.
It looks like the add-on got updated somehow.

If you want to install it, look here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/exify/versions/

What it looks like in action (and ta for pics, guys)...

- - - Updated - - -

PS to post #4: -- because that add-on is not installed in the other two browsers :cool:

Bensch
08-02-2019, 9:58am
Hmm, looks like a handy add-on to have, thanks for posting it Am :th3:

Mary Anne
08-02-2019, 11:53am
Yes I also noticed Exify is now working and about time too I have missed it.

ricktas
08-02-2019, 7:02pm
Interesting, I used to use Exify.. it was my go to... and like you as FF upgraded it became 'unsupported' so I deleted it and found a new EXIF viewer... might have to revisit Exify if it is back.