PDA

View Full Version : A bit of blatant self promotion

Cargo
30-01-2019, 6:26pm
Hi Guys,

I entered a competition last year "2018 Photographer of the Year' run by the Australian Photography Magazine, it consisted of several categories & yesterday the winners were announced.

http://www.australianphotography.com/news/2018-photographer-of-the-year-presented-by-panasonic-the-winners

In the Category of "Photo of the Year" .... I was awarded the Runner-up !!!
Wow !! I was thrilled to bits and quite humbled at the same time, considering the calibre of many of the photos.

Anyway here is the page from the magazine with the announcement and a review from one of the judges, I'm also going to add the actual photo as the copy is not so good.

As I said a bit of trumpet blowing on my behalf ... Why not :D :D :D I reckon
Only downside ..... My covers blown :lol:

Cheers Cargo

Mary Anne
30-01-2019, 6:36pm
Congratulations and Well Done Cargo :2encou:

Glenda
30-01-2019, 6:44pm
Why not indeed. It's a fabulous image Cargo - I love the strong shapes and colours in it. Congratulations!!:th3:

blkmcs
30-01-2019, 6:44pm
Nice work, congratulations C.

Mike

Ionica
30-01-2019, 7:14pm
Congratulations. . :th3:

ricktas
30-01-2019, 7:31pm
Congratulations Carol, and it is a great image. Funnily for me the thongs or sandals captured my eye. Like they have just been abandoned over there. Such a simply photo, but with so many individual things to look at. Well deserved runner-up.

Cargo
30-01-2019, 7:39pm
Congratulations and Well Done Cargo :2encou:

Thanks Mary Anne :D

- - - Updated - - -

Why not indeed. It's a fabulous image Cargo - I love the strong shapes and colours in it. Congratulations!!:th3:

Thanks heaps Glenda :D

- - - Updated - - -

Nice work, congratulations C.

Mike

Cheers Mike :)

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations. . :th3:

Thankyou Ionica :)

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations Carol, and it is a great image. Funnily for me the thongs or sandals captured my eye. Like they have just been abandoned over there. Such a simply photo, but with so many individual things to look at. Well deserved runner-up.

Thanks a lot Rick :D

Gazza
30-01-2019, 8:11pm
Big confidence booster indeed. Congratulations!

Geoff79
30-01-2019, 9:01pm
Big congrats! It is a great shot; as simple as it is effective. Very well spotted and taken. :)

Cargo
30-01-2019, 9:19pm
Big confidence booster indeed. Congratulations!

Cheers Gazza :D

- - - Updated - - -

Big congrats! It is a great shot; as simple as it is effective. Very well spotted and taken. :)

Thanks heaps Geoff :D

nardes
30-01-2019, 9:38pm
Congratulations and well done Carol, such a striking composition.:th3::)

When I first glanced at the photo, it had the appearance of a computer generated image due to the well-defined lines, geometrical layout and blocks of colour.:)

Cheers

Dennis

Mark L
30-01-2019, 9:40pm
I didn't know your name was Carol. Must be fun around Christmas time.:rolleyes:
Well done and you should be proud of the achievement.:th3:

Ross M
30-01-2019, 10:20pm
Congratulations and well deserved. The style and processing remind me of Jeffrey Smart paintings.

farmmax
31-01-2019, 1:01am
I'm not surprised your photo was highly placed. It is a totally different point of view, but works very well. Big congratulations :)

feathers
31-01-2019, 4:17pm
Be as blatant as you like, Carol:nod: Congratulations. Nice pic. Cheers.

Cargo
31-01-2019, 6:25pm
Congratulations and well done Carol, such a striking composition.:th3::)

When I first glanced at the photo, it had the appearance of a computer generated image due to the well-defined lines, geometrical layout and blocks of colour.:)

Cheers

Dennis

Many thanks Dennis :)

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know your name was Carol. Must be fun around Christmas time.:rolleyes:
Well done and you should be proud of the achievement.:th3:

I become very popular at that time of year Mark :lol2:
And thanks a lot too :D

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations and well deserved. The style and processing remind me of Jeffrey Smart paintings.

Cheers Ross :D I'm off to look at Jeffery Smart now

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not surprised your photo was highly placed. It is a totally different point of view, but works very well. Big congratulations :)

Thanks for your comment farmmax :)

- - - Updated - - -

Be as blatant as you like, Carol:nod: Congratulations. Nice pic. Cheers.

Thanks feathers :D I'm enjoying it

Oakley
31-01-2019, 6:29pm
What a great achievement and a wonderful photo indeed :nod:

Thank you for sharing, the reviews were well said and I'm very happy for you and your award :th3:

Bensch
31-01-2019, 6:37pm
Congratulations!!! :th3:

Cargo
01-02-2019, 9:48am
What a great achievement and a wonderful photo indeed :nod:

Thank you for sharing, the reviews were well said and I'm very happy for you and your award :th3:

Cheers Qakley :) Thanks for the comments ... By the way how are you holding up in the rain ?

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations!!! :th3:

Many thanks Andy :D

Oakley
02-02-2019, 6:37pm
Hi Cargo, Well at least we don't have to water our gardens :)

My dogs are loving the puddles of mud but have to be dried off before coming inside which is a real challenge :D

Liney
03-02-2019, 11:08pm
Congratulations, an inspiration to the rest of us. The image itself is a wonderful balance of blocks of colour but enough details to make it interesting and keep the eye roving around.