PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop ACR Problem - Help Fixing or suggestions?

Bear Dale
15-12-2018, 3:18pm
I have developed a Photoshop ACR Problem as of only yesterday and just did a short Youtube clip showing the problem as its easier than explaining it. Anyone have any idea why this has started and what could be causing it and how to fix it?

https://youtu.be/D7fjZUHbU5g

ameerat42
15-12-2018, 3:26pm
I would suspect that the problem will manifest itself in other graphics-intensive programs as well. Have
you tried any others?

No, I don't know what causes it, but I suspect (as usual) that it's to do with a change
in your graphics environment. What has happened recently? Win/driver/other update? Changed a setting
somewhere?

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I notice you're running at least two monitors :confused013

Gazza
15-12-2018, 3:43pm
Reckon Am's on the right track...I suspect the graphics card has been disabled? There's been an update in the last few days and I'm also finding some annoying issues!

Have a look in 'Edit > Preferences > Performance' to see if it's still enabled. Failing that, I can sell ya cheap graphics card if ya like :grinning01:

Cheers - :beer_mug:

Bear Dale
15-12-2018, 3:57pm
Hi Am,

Always had two monitors and never seen this before with ACR, its REALLY annoying me. I can still edit, but something is most definitely amiss since yesterday, but I have no idea why its just started?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Gazza,

GPU is still enabled.....I think everything looks ok here ...... does it??

ameerat42
15-12-2018, 3:58pm
Need to re-post your attachment in < 1 hr. OK, fixt.

Open the Advanced settings and take a gander there.

Bear Dale
15-12-2018, 3:59pm
Did that work then Am can you see it now? :o:o:o

Gazza
16-12-2018, 11:22am
Have you checked for the latest G/card drivers?

Totally unrelated; Windows decided to install a rather large update for me yesterday and with that and the PS/ACR updates, I'm having to re-train myself and the computer. I'm also now missing a small SSD drive that I installed purely to use as a scratch disk for PS...:confused013 The joys... (Gaz staggers off looking for a beer!)

Bear Dale
16-12-2018, 3:51pm
I am SO happy that I can report that this is now fixed. Finally after much Googling I found someone else experiencing the same thing. The fix is to turn of GPU in Camera Raw, NOT in Photoshop preferences (where there is also the option).

Why it all of a sudden started, I have no idea as I hadn't changed anything except there were some large W10 updates and also LR & PS updates.

Just glad the glitch is gone!

https://pix.nikonians.org/qS56MEbGHbEvRkBWQPG3G5wHCrY=/fit-in/0x0/www.nikonians.org%2Fforums%2Fuser_files%2F398680.jpg

John King
16-12-2018, 4:43pm
You could also try reducing the 'History States' from 51 to about 20. Just a thought.