PDA

View Full Version : Lost In Translation...

ameerat42
30-11-2018, 1:57pm
Disappeared into the ether.../mid-air..., Gone walkabout..., :confused013 etc...

Up till recently - either before its own update or one of Firefox - I had a handy little R-click translator for
foreign language phrases. It was called "Google Translate for Firefox". Well, since the update(s) it just makes
the original text disappear! instead of changing it to the English translation :confused013 I went back to a previous
version of the add-on, but got the same result. You can see this in the animation below. Since then I found
two other handy translation add-ons for Firefox, and these are shown in the 2nd and 3rd images below.

So now only the food is still all Greek to me :nod:

1. The latest using Google Translate for Firefox (AKA Now you see it, now you...)

2. Using the "Simple Translate" add-on...

3. Using "Google™ Translator" (not the same as the first) AND which has a hand-writing option :th3: ...

Enjoy your meal :D

arthurking83
30-11-2018, 3:32pm
kouzina(in Greek) = more commonly usage is kitchen.

μαγειρική (mageirki) = more commonly used for cooking or cuisine!

ie. just be mindful of some anomalies in Google translate!

ps. even tho my heritage is Greek .. it's still all greek to me! :p

ameerat42
30-11-2018, 3:39pm
ευχαριστώ. τότε θα το πάρω με ένα άγκιστρο αλατιού.

- - - Updated - - -

Σ:D...

Colin B
30-11-2018, 3:53pm
Same here: I translated this easily with the right click / translate in Google Chrome but when I tried it with Firefox it was right click/...nothing happens. I even downloaded and installed the plug-in again and go the same result.

ameerat42
30-11-2018, 4:05pm
I last used it about a week ago, Colin. You might wanna try the other 2 I found for FFox.
Wouldn't it be funny if it started working again :rolleyes::D