PDA

View Full Version : Birdlife Australia Australian Bird Photographer of the Year Results

Mark L
22-11-2018, 9:16pm
Some pretty impressive photos here .... https://www.birdlifephotoaward.org.au/gallery-home

Could be wrong but I believe Sar Nop used to be a member here on AP. CREATIVE/FINE ART WINNER.
And I know Shelley is an inactive but previously helpful member here on AP. BIRD BEHAVIOUR WINNER.

Gazza
22-11-2018, 9:46pm
Some very creative imagery there. Thanks.

Lance B
23-11-2018, 6:20pm
Thanks for the link. Yes, Sar Nop has been a long time poster here (although not anything lately as far as I can tell) and he and I have been taking bird photos together for quite a few years, but I have not had so much time lately to go out with him due to my work commitments. In fact, I have only seen him once in the last few months when previously we used to go out together most weeks! :( Anyway, he is obviously too humble to say anything about his win to anyone and now that I know I shall be telling everyone! :)

Sar won with "Swooping" - the swooping Whistling sequence photo in the Fine Art Segment, but also was short listed with "Diving" Birds In Landscape. He was also shortlisted in Human Impact with "Fishing".

We all know about Shelly Pearson's brilliance as a bird photog as well. Anyway, a hearty congratulations to them both as they are both amazing photogs.

I wish I had known about the contest.