PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

NereaJoga
19-10-2018, 9:33pm
Hi there!

*I’m Spanish and English is my second language so I apologise for any grammatical miskates and you are welcome to correct me if you feel like

Just a girl trying to improve her photography skills.
I’ve got my first camera almost 4 years ago but I haven’t really been using it until last year.
I was always too busy to find the time to go out and practice (excuses), until I moved to Australia almost two years ago.
I usually do landscape photography because well, that’s “easier” for me. I mean, when I’m traveling it’s easier to take a photo of a mountain or a lake than to take the same photo with a person/people in it, just because I still don’t know how to work with people, how to tell them to pose or how to position myself to take nice photos of them rather than just the normal typically pic.
But of course, I’m so ready to learn.
And that’s why I found this web. I’ve been thinking about doing a course online to learn the basics. If you ask me about shutter speed or IOS I only know the very minimum, I have watched some videos in YouTube but I still feel that I can’t fully comprehend it. So when I was looking for reviews in some of the courses I got here. They are quite a bit of money but I think it will help me to learn the “beginning “ of photography.
What do you guys think?
I can’t wait to show you some of my photos and get some real feedback on them. I can tell than I have improved since I started to take it more seriously by just comparing photos but I know as well that there is still so much to learn.

Nerea Joga

ameerat42
19-10-2018, 10:16pm
Bienvenido en AP*, Nerea.

We do not correct grammar, so don't worry.

Well, it sounds like you are enjoying your new pursuit. For extra info, check out the Library.
There's lots of useful info there.

Else, join in and enjoy.

* I hope that's right.

ricktas
20-10-2018, 7:27am
Welcome to AP. See you and your photos round the forums.

Mary Anne
20-10-2018, 11:02am
Hello Nerea and Welcome to AP, this is a great place to learn and there are plenty of Members to Help You on your way.
Though looking at your first post of the Sunrise you are doing really well, and way past the beginner stage.
Keep at it and keep on posting here, and I will look forward to seeing more of your delightful work :2encou:

Mark L
20-10-2018, 7:49pm
G'day and welcome aboard Nerea.
You've found a good place to play and learn so don't be afraid to join in. Commenting on others photos can help you improve. "I like ..... because .... ." "...... is interesting and I wonder why/how you did that?"

As far as doing a photography coarse is concerned, before you pay for one you have access to a free one here on AP .....http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book
It's a good starting point.:th3:

Geoff79
24-10-2018, 12:16pm
Welcome aboard, Nerea. Great to see you getting right in and involved. Based on the pics you’ve posted so far I’d never have guessed you were relatively new to photography. Enjoy the journey!

NereaJoga
24-10-2018, 2:41pm
Thanks for this! I will definitely use it

ajc
24-10-2018, 2:51pm
Welcome aboard Nerea - enjoy the forum.

rwg717
24-10-2018, 9:27pm
Hi there.....have fun!;)
Richard