PDA

View Full Version : Another "Old" Newbie

WAKev
12-10-2018, 9:36am
Hi All

I'm from Perth, West Oz, and brand new to the hobby so I'm probably not going to be able to contribute much for some time but I do hope to learn a lot from participation in the forum so that I can at least get to the stage of producing a reasonable photograph.

Have spent a fair amount of time studying the "New to Photography" book and have recently acquired a Nikon D3400 and a Mavic Pro drone to get me started. Still on auto mode however as I gain experience I am keen to explore manual settings and computer editing although I do have a preference for unedited output over "digitally enhanced".

My photographic interest lays more in scenery and objects. Not much into people I'm afraid.

Keen to print my own also and to that end I currently waiting delivery of my new Canon Pixma Pro-100s.

I have now exhausted the CFO's patience and am under strict instructions to start producing something, so here's to the start of something good.

Finally, thanks in advance to all who give their time and experience to help us newbies.

Regards
Kevin

ameerat42
12-10-2018, 10:08am
Welcome to AP, Kevin. You said it - join in and enjoy (as you learn).:th3:

Snooks
12-10-2018, 11:05am
Hi Kevin :)

I'm from Perth, West Oz, and brand new to the hobby so I'm probably not going to be able to contribute much for some time but I do hope to learn a lot from participation in the forum so that I can at least get to the stage of producing a reasonable photograph.

Your contribution can be enthusiasm and learning, because in here the avenues for learning are sensational.

Don't worry about being old, I'm 57 and I have never really had an interest in Cameras but within a month, I've turned into an addict and everywhere I drive now my wife and daughter are terrified because my eyes are looking around for what we can take photos of, rather than being on the road (lol). They assure me it is very scary for them.

Plenty to read and some amazing photos to drool over, in fact there is thousands of them. Looking forward to seeing one of yours and chatting soon :)

Cheers Mate.

Mark L
12-10-2018, 9:08pm
Welcome aboard Kevin.

Hi All
Two things here.
You may learn by commenting on others photos. "I'm new to this but why did you do ... ??" "I really like how you did ......" "Wow , how good is that" when you look at my bird photos.:lol2:
Second point is not to be afraid to post photos for comment before you think they are "reasonable." Doing this and seeing the comments will maybe offer a faster pathway to reasonable photos than you just trying to judge for yourself. And maybe your photos are actually better than you think. ;)

ricktas
13-10-2018, 11:38am
Welcome to AP. pull up your chair and actively join in, and you will learn as you go.

Mary Anne
13-10-2018, 2:53pm
Hello Kevin and Welcome to AP.
I was a old Newbie too when I joined 9 years ago.
And have learnt so much and you will too, so will look forward to seeing what you post on the CC Forums.