PDA

View Full Version : hello ????

EdenJane
03-10-2018, 2:19pm
Spent a lot of time here a few years ago and then life just got in the way. I have a 14 year old daughter who seems to have a strong interest in photography so that’s inspired me to return to brush up my skills so I can help her. As a 14 year old is she allowed to join?
Dee ????

ameerat42
03-10-2018, 2:58pm
Welcome back, EJ.

Your 14 yo daughter is welcome to join. In her introductory post she might mention that.
(If she wants she can put "Schoolkid" in the username description :D)

Let her know that some constructive critique can be direct, but it is never untoward, and is
always intended to be helpful.

Certainly there will be a large knowledge base here that should help her in her quest.

ricktas
03-10-2018, 7:18pm
Welcome back and yes we accept photographers of all ages. If you are concerned about nudity, be aware that we do not allow full frontal nudity (genitalia) and any partial nudity is only allowed in the Formal and Posed (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?92-Formal-and-Posed)forum.

I hope you enjoy being back and we get to see your daughter as a member soon too.

Mark L
03-10-2018, 8:33pm
G'day Dee and welcome back.
I hope your daughter's interest in photography gets you back into it also. My main hope is that you both can get a bit involved here. Involved makes forums work.
Given social media these days many young ones want more instant responses than might happen on a forum like this. Those responses will not make her be a better photog. Posting here will. (might teach her about patience also :))
Commenting on others photos helps to develop ones photography also. "I like that because .....". "Why did you crop this way?"

Mary Anne
04-10-2018, 5:47pm
Hello Dee and Welcome back, will look forward to seeing what you post on the CC forums.
I do remember you though cannot remember what genre you used to shoot.
Must be Macro there somewhere with a great lens like that one in your Signature.
It will be Twice as much fun with a Mother and Daughter on here.. :nod: