PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a newbie

Bianca
11-09-2018, 9:56pm
Hi!

I discovered this site through meeting our friendly mod, Mary-Anne, while I was out for a walk in our corner of SE QLD today.

I like to photograph landscapes and architecture and flowers and anything beautiful (to me, at least) I encounter in my travels.

My first purchased camera was a Canon IXUS 750 compact camera. When the image quality was no longer 'good enough', I purchased a Sony NEX-5N. The image quality was really good, but found I really needed a viewfinder, especially in our beautiful sunshine, so bought a Sony A6000. I recently sold that though because it was too heavy with a 24-200mm lens on it and I wasn't happy with the images I got with it. I then was camera-less for 6 months, only using my mobile phone's camera - but those mobile phone cameras are so good these days....but again the problem with no viewfinder.... So I bought a Sony DSC-HX90V compact camera, which has an EVF, GPS, WiFi and up to 650mm zoom! Image quality can't compete with mirrorless, or DSLR, and it only shoots JPG, but it's what I have now!

I don't have any formal training in photography, only what I've learnt on the internet, so I'll go with beginner level!

I look forward to 'meeting' you in the forums!

Bianca.

ricktas
12-09-2018, 7:19am
Hi Bianca,

Welcome to AP. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos soon.

ameerat42
12-09-2018, 7:50am
Welcome to AP, Bianca.

Mary Anne
12-09-2018, 9:37am
Hello Bianca and Welcome to AP :action66:.
Wonderful to have a Member from around the area where I live.
Mobile Phones and compact cameras produce wonderful images these days
So I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums :2smile:

Geoff79
12-09-2018, 11:28am
Welcome aboard, Bianca. Looking forward to seeing some pics. :)

Mark L
12-09-2018, 8:17pm
Another welcome to a good place t learn and play Bianca.
Good to see you're already commenting on photos as this is actually a good way to help you figure what you may like to do with your photos.

rwg717
13-09-2018, 8:40pm
Cheers Bianca and welcome:D
Richard

ajc
18-09-2018, 3:05pm
Welcome to the forums Bianca - Enjoy

Bensch
18-09-2018, 4:24pm
Welcome to AP! :th3: