PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Tonygg
03-09-2018, 1:32pm
I've just joined. I am also on Youpic. It would be nice to connect with people here in Canberra/ Australia.
Thanks...

Mary Anne
03-09-2018, 6:14pm
Hello Tony and Welcome to AP..
Good to see you have already started commenting on other Members Posts, that's what makes Forums work :2encou:
I like shooting Wildlife, Macro Insects and Birds, Flowers is another one. What Genre do you like shooting.
Join right in and start posting on the Forums, want to know anything press on Library up the top then How Do I.
Need any more Help just ask.

ricktas
03-09-2018, 6:34pm
Welcome to AP Tony. See you round the forums

Tonygg
04-09-2018, 8:52am
Thanks for your response. As to genres, I'm a bit of an omnivore and try to find a shot wherever i go. I like nature, landscape, situational/ street and abstract. This forum is a curious blend of complex and apparent bureaucracy. That may be a good thing, to maintain standards. I will try and throw a pic or two up, somewhere. Thanks...

Tonygg
04-09-2018, 11:57am
So, I am <90 days old here, can I post pictures anywhere?

ThailandEyes
04-09-2018, 12:17pm
Hi Tony,

I'm also having trouble trying to post to the beginners CC forum, so don't feel alone mate.

I'll keep trying for a bit ...

Mary Anne
04-09-2018, 1:23pm
So, I am <90 days old here, can I post pictures anywhere?

Tony.. Yes you can post on the CC Forums

Or the New to Photography Forum till you have been a Member for 90 days then you have to post on the CC Forums

The 90 days is to give beginners to photography a place to post their images where they can get more help if needed.

ThailandEyes
04-09-2018, 1:29pm
Hi Mary Anne ... I think the problem with the beginners forum is that it requires you to be both <90 days and a beginner ... if, like me, you happen to class your photography skills as intermediate or higher, you cant post there.

I've also had no luck getting an image up to the normal CC forums with a website message telling me that the upload failed ... that may be my work connection so I'll try it again later from home.

The sandbox area also seems to be unavailable for newbies ...

Cheers

Tonygg
04-09-2018, 1:46pm
That sounds about right- I am claiming to be 'intermediate', so I can't post anything. Is that it?

Mary Anne
04-09-2018, 1:48pm
Hi Mary Anne ... I think the problem with the beginners forum is that it requires you to be both <90 days and a beginner ... if, like me, you happen to class your photography skills as intermediate or higher, you cant post there.

I've also had no luck getting an image up to the normal CC forums with a website message telling me that the upload failed ... that may be my work connection so I'll try it again later from home.

The sandbox area also seems to be unavailable for newbies ...

Cheers

Thanks for that info Kym, you see that Forum was not around when I joined up, though I get where you are coming from.

So Kym and Tony try the CC Forums then

ThailandEyes
04-09-2018, 2:56pm
Success ... keep trying Tony.

ricktas
04-09-2018, 7:17pm
Go to Library on the main menu across the top of the site. In there, click on the HOW DO I section and there at tips and guides in there to assist you with how to do things on the site.