PDA

View Full Version : Sd card trouble!!!

AmandaJohns23
09-07-2018, 10:22pm
HI GUYS!!!

HEEEEELLLLLLP! :(:(

I took photos and everything was all good, I put my memory card into my computer and there were no photos on it at all. Then I put it back into my camera and it says "Naming Error!" I've searched info on it and can't find a solution! I'm just hoping I can get the photos off it https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/fe/1/16/1f622.png have you had any issues like that with your camera? The photos on there are important! It's going to suck if I have to format the whole thing! :'(

Any help is much appreciated!

[FONT=inherit]

ricktas
10-07-2018, 1:56am
Get a copy of Sandisk Rescue Pro.

MarkChap
10-07-2018, 7:43am
if you run PC, this is the best Recovery program I have found.
Run it over your card and see if the inages can be recovered

https://www.z-a-recovery.com/download.aspx

ricktas
10-07-2018, 6:44pm
Would be great to hear if our suggestions worked and resolved your card issues?

rwg717
10-07-2018, 9:03pm
Rescue Pro is the way to go, good luck!
Richard

AmandaJohns23
10-07-2018, 9:17pm
I've downloaded the program you suggested and its in the progress of retrieving files! I hope it works!! I couldn't download the program MarkChap suggested because I have a Mac.

AmandaJohns23
13-07-2018, 9:23am
Ok guys, so I'm a little disappointed :( out of a heap of photos it only rescued a handful which I guess is better then nothing but I was hoping for more.
Thank you for all of your help, I wouldn't even have this handful of photos if I didn't join this forum! :)

ricktas
13-07-2018, 7:12pm
Although not a great outcome. Glad you recovered a few. Time to get a new SD card.

Hope we get to see you and your photos around the site soon.

ameerat42
13-07-2018, 7:23pm
Ok guys, so I'm a little disappointed :( out of a heap of photos it only rescued a handful which I guess is better then nothing but I was hoping for more.
Thank you for all of your help, I wouldn't even have this handful of photos if I didn't join this forum! :)

I know what it's like to lose unique data:(:(:(

If I may suggest, don't ditch that card. Keep it aside to try again when you have some more experience.
I remember (years ago) doing that, and getting back a heap of documents that I thought were gone forever.

- - - Updated - - -

MOST IMPortantly, DO NOT WRITE to it or delete anything from it. Then, get a new card and
get into the habit of backing up the pictures ASAP. Maybe do something like:

Copy the pictures from the card as soon as you can onto a disk drive. Make another backup of
those picture to work on.

MarkChap
13-07-2018, 7:27pm
You must know someone with a PC,
A family member, a friend, someone
A friend of mine had a card issue a while back, She was in teh same boat as you, a Mac user and tried Rescue Pro,
She had a frien of hers run Zero Assumption and recovered all the files for her
I can't promise it will 100% work for you, but it is so worth the try

Colin B
14-07-2018, 4:33pm
This probably sounds old-fashioned but if you have a photo processing place near you - I mean a professional outfit rather than a printing kiosk - they may have gurus who can recover those images for you. Failing that computer geeks may be able to help.

ameerat42
14-07-2018, 4:52pm
Such a camera place may be able to help you, but you'd be better off looking for a computer service.
Many little computer stores in the Sydney area offer data recovery on site.

A BIG LOOKOUT is that any data recovery place doesn't charge you SQUILLIONS for the service, yours
being a rather straightforward one. I did a search on likely suspects based on "data recovery near tumut"
and found a few places listed below. But you might have access to better information of your area.

https://www.goguide.com.au/find/computer-equipment-&-repairs-upgrades-&-service/tumut-nsw
http://www.nearbynerd.com.au/computer-repairs/Tumut-2650

There are other results for the Riverina and ACT areas.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: When I say yours is "straightforward", it's not like recovering data from a HDD that won't
start but which has intact platters [pulled apart, sweapped controller boards, etc]. At the very
least, they should tell you whether your card CAN have the data recovered from it, and they may
charge only a nominal fee.