PDA

View Full Version : Timelapse software

poider
18-06-2018, 9:59pm
G'day, just curious if anybody can recommend a free decent program for Timelapse photography, I have *removed - refer to site rule #3*, just curious as I have a friend at work wanting to get into it but does not have a lot of money?

Peter

ricktas
19-06-2018, 7:49am
If they want to 'get into it', perhaps they could start with their phone? There is an App (android) called Lapse It Pro (and probably others) that would let them get into it, and then if they find they like it, they could decide to invest in desktop software from there.

So many people decide they want to 'get into' something, and go out buy all the stuff, and then it gets used for a couple of weeks and then is just left. So my suggestion start with something cheaper on a phone, and if the interest grows, then invest more money into the hobby.

poider
20-06-2018, 9:38pm
This guy is building a monument for a neighbour and wants to time lapse his progress, I don't think his phone was getting close enough. I just sold him my nikon d7000 and he wants to use the lenses with it?
Peter

landyvlad
23-06-2018, 12:12am
What does he actually want the software to do? Just stack together a heap of single images into a short film?

arthurking83
24-06-2018, 8:46am
Would help if you specified the operating system that this software is intended to operate on too.

ie. Android? Windows? iOS? .. OS?

For Windows free software to make time lapses include Windows Movie Maker. I think is installed by default in Win7, may be a download for Win10, otherwise may already be installed.