26-04-2018, 8:06am
Re-instatement blah blah blah

Don't waste your time, just the obligatory message to reinstate my account, JJ

rwg717
27-04-2018, 9:16pm
Hi and welcome home?

jjphoto
27-04-2018, 9:24pm
Thanks, but the only reason I was gone at all is this odd 'lockout' that happens when you don't comment on posts for a period. I suspect it keeps people away, but maybe that's the plan.

MarkChap
27-04-2018, 9:46pm
Keeping People Away is not actually the plan
Keeping members active is the plan

Thanks, but the only reason I was gone at all is this odd 'lockout' that happens when you don't comment on posts for a period. I suspect it keeps people away, but maybe that's the plan.

jjphoto
28-04-2018, 8:58am
Keeping People Away is not actually the plan
Keeping members active is the plan

Locking out members to encourage contribution is an 'interesting' policy and one I haven't encountered on any of the many forums I'm a member of. Intended or otherwise, the effect is that people don't come back because steps are required to do so. I've been a member here for since 2007 yet my post count is tiny. If that means that I shouldn't be here then so be it, but I'm not sure that that policy makes for a more active forum with a broad range of topics and contributions from engaged members. It certainly does encourage obligatory comments, regardless of their value or merit, aside from their intent to keep a member 'active'. It seems pointless.