PDA

View Full Version : Bluddy Oaf It Is !!! Check Your Email Provider.

ameerat42
18-04-2018, 3:36pm
Of course I mean B... OATH.

Now Yahoo (Mail) is part of it! Havva reada this:
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/06/oath-verizon-completes-4-5-billion-buy-of-yahoo-and-merges-it-with-aol/

I got a couple of notifications when I logged in today :rolleyes:
Looks like it's time to go elsewhere with my email :nod: - But where? :confused013

ricktas
18-04-2018, 6:55pm
I have used yahoo for years. However, I use a third party app to access emails, so never see any of the yahoo 'junk'.

Hawthy
18-04-2018, 7:22pm
Can't help with free email ideas. I have been with BigPond/Telstra since the internet climbed out of the primeval slime and sat down to watch television.

I suppose that free emails are free for a reason. Everything needs to be "monetised" these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ameerat42
18-04-2018, 7:27pm
I guess I was :eek:-ed at this sort of stuff, though I suppose they already do it:
"We’ve updated some of the ways in which we collect and analyse user data in order to deliver services, content, relevant advertising and abuse protection.
This includes: analysing content and information when you use our services (including emails, instant messages, posts, photos, attachments and other communications), linking your activity on other sites and apps with information that we have about you, and providing anonymised and/or aggregated reports to other parties regarding user trends.

Sharing data with Verizon.

Oath and its affiliates may share the information that we receive with Verizon. Learn more about Verizon’s privacy practices.

Combining data.

We also combine data among our services and across your devices. This will provide you with better personalised services and features across your devices and Oath accounts. We’ve provided information about your choices with respect to your use of our services, and have given you control in our Privacy Controls section."

Here's more: https://www.oath.com/my-data/#startingwithdata

John King
18-04-2018, 7:59pm
I predominantly use email addys on my own web site (unlimited number). This allows me to track who is leaking data to other parties.

Our personal email addys are hosted by Telstra. We pay for extra antivirus/firewalling on these, or used to. It's hard to know exactly what one is paying for these days!

ameerat42
24-04-2018, 3:12pm
It's come down to a stupid routine of having to SCROLL DOWN and ACCEPT their stupid
T&Cs each time I log in to Yahoo Mail.

Has ANYONE found a way out?