PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Visitor

dindsy
20-03-2018, 7:40am
This little guy came to visit last night on my back door. I knew there were frogs around but had never seen one. Lives near the fish pond.

woononabutch
21-03-2018, 10:45am
To me looks a little overexposed. Did you use flash? as there appears to be dust specks in the air. IMO needs cropping and maybe rotate

ameerat42
21-03-2018, 10:46am
To me looks a little overexposed. Did you use flash? as there appears to be dust specks in the air. IMO needs cropping and maybe rotate

For whatever reason, this is in the "Not For Critique" forum, so you might edit your post.

Colin B
21-03-2018, 10:54am
Looks like a motorbike frog (Littoria Moorei just to show off:p) Once a few of his mates join him you will have a nice choir singing to you comes spring.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a motorbike frog (Littoria Moorei just to show off:p) Once a few of his mates join him you will have a nice choir singing to you comes spring.

Mary Anne
21-03-2018, 11:34pm
Well whatever Frog it is I bet it was very Welcome and Thank You for Sharing as I have not seen a Frog in our garden for years.

dindsy
22-03-2018, 7:31pm
i took that with my phone. i didn't think it would hang around when i opened the door, to get the camera out.

John King
22-03-2018, 8:10pm
Good one, Dindsy!

I got some similar pics of a tiny bat on our screen door. Pure serendipity ...

Colin B
29-03-2018, 10:19pm
Here is one from my pond. He or she??) looks a lot darker than yours but they do vary in colour a lot and even individuals seem to change colour according to the light.

outstar79
02-04-2018, 4:46pm
Here is one from my pond. He or she??) looks a lot darker than yours but they do vary in colour a lot and even individuals seem to change colour according to the light.

Your one is Litoria moorei - the larger the frog usually means female but this species have similarly sized m/f - if one calls however, it's a male ;)

the frog the OP put up is Litoria peronii or Peron's Tree frog. The cross type pattern across the eyes is diagnostic with this species ;)