PDA

View Full Version : I''m back, again

daggy
19-03-2018, 8:22pm
Here's hoping that I get involved this time around. Wanting to learn a lot. I'm heading into the Simpson Desert this May and currently looking a 18 - to something big as the ideal travel lens and a flash for a D90. Need to learn to shoot without using auto. So much to do and so little time to do it.

Mary Anne
19-03-2018, 10:43pm
Hello and Welcome back once again, as you would know you get plenty of help here.
I am a Manual shooter myself, though many Members on here shoot Av Canon or A Nikon ? You could try that.
Never been to the Simpson desert so I hope to see some of these photos on the Forums when you come back :nod:

ricktas
20-03-2018, 5:37am
Welcome back.

rellik666
22-03-2018, 2:18pm
Hello!

peterb666
23-03-2018, 8:52pm
Here's hoping that I get involved this time around. Wanting to learn a lot. I'm heading into the Simpson Desert this May and currently looking a 18 - to something big as the ideal travel lens and a flash for a D90. Need to learn to shoot without using auto. So much to do and so little time to do it.

Welcome back

The 18-140mm VR lens is an excellent all round lens and if you buy one that has been taken out of a kit or "refurbished" - great value for money.

I use Nissin flashes on my various cameras. The i40 is very compact but plenty powerful enough. There is a version for Nikon cameras and priced around $285. It seems a bit fragile but I have had one for several years with no issues. I have the Nissin Di622 MkII which does a pretty good job and a Di466; however, the latter is probably a little too basic as a main flash.

daggy
23-03-2018, 9:17pm
Thanks. good advice

ricktas
24-03-2018, 7:07am
Thanks. good advice

Now that you have been given some advice, it would be good to see you give something back to others, as they have happily helped you. How about some CC on other members photos?

Mark L
25-03-2018, 9:10pm
8 posts in 8 years. Wow.
Ask and comment more and you might get some help getting of that auto. ( I can't believe this for real?)
None the less welcome back and hope you can find some time to get involved here. It's what makes forums work.:th3: