PDA

View Full Version : Needing some help where to locate good photgraphic shop for printing

mortman
15-03-2018, 7:57pm
Hi everyone
my name is Mark and I have decided to enter some of my landscape work into salons.
I have just recently located outside of Canberra and want to find a good photographic shop to help develop my prints
thanks
Mark:camera:

ricktas
15-03-2018, 8:21pm
Hi Mark,

Can you clarify "good photographic shop to help develop my prints". Are you shooting on film and need someone to develop the film for you, or are you asking about printing services?

Because printing and developing are two different things.

mortman
15-03-2018, 8:38pm
printing services thanks
and agreed, they are two different things
Mark

Mark L
15-03-2018, 10:57pm
And you've found a good place to ask advice about how good your photos look before you send them photos of for printing.:th3:

ricktas
16-03-2018, 8:17am
Ok. so next question? Do you want something close to where you live that you can go to the business and talk to the people, or are you happy to use an online service elsewhere in Australia?

Hamster
16-03-2018, 10:54am
Of the two options above, I’d advise local as this allows you to talk more easily, rework based off a smaller trial image, go in and experiment with paper types (different ones can work with different images) and generally learn a lot about printing to get the best out. If you’re not really looking to up you’re printing game and quality isn’t of utmost importance (you’re not entering a national comp for example), then online may be fine.

mortman
17-03-2018, 9:05pm
Hi
I'm new to Ausphotography and I'm also new to the fringe of Canberra.I am seeking help to find a retailer to help with processing my files for printing.Does amyone have any suggestions as to who I can take my digital files for quality printing
Thanks
Mark

ricktas
17-03-2018, 9:27pm
I have merged your threads. Please do not post the same question across multiple threads.

ricktas
17-03-2018, 9:28pm
I use these people https://rgbdigital.com.au/

farmmax
18-03-2018, 1:57am
I use www.photoenlargements.com.au online printing. The only time I get images printed is to show, so I need decent quality printing. Photoenlargements have changed owners recently, and I miss the old owner, who was always available for help and advice. They have now changed printing machines, and offer a larger range of sizes, including ones suitable for panorama. The new printer produces more vibrant colours, but I suspect the prints will not last as long as the old traditional prints.

Online printing does not mean poorer quality printing. In fact where I live, it is the opposite. I have to use online printing because there are no other serious options where around here. I don't consider Woolworths or Harvey Norman serious options :D

There should be good print labs in Canberra. The Canberra Photographic Society people should be able to put you on to some of them. There are also other camera clubs in Canberra.